Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Air travel in 1930s
Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.

If not Colin Furze, how about "Electroboom"?
Love his stuff. Might even have a go at some of it myself. Tim
2
2

#*?#@?!! health and bloody safety
Seen it all now... Just bought a couple of made to measure roller blinds on the internet and very nice they are too. Except for one thing. Heavy metal ball chain (no 10 gauge, aka 4.5mm balls) - good....
33
33

For the want of a socket...
Funny where this DIY lark can lead you... For ages I have had a short extension lead draped across the room to power the fridge since its original socket was eliminated in a bit of a reorganisation...
20
20

OT:Car dealer embarresment :(
Local dealer came to collect SWMBO motability car for a service. I mentioned the non-working electric sunscreen (it's a Citroen Grand Picasso). Just been delivered, with a note "sunscreen working OK",...
5
5

110mm soil pipes - male+female & flow direction
Does anyon know if any building reg specifying that the female end of a coupler must point backwards (uphill, towards the flow source), and the male end of the coupler must point forward (downhill, in...
7
7

Orangutan vs Adam's apprentices
Orangutang DIY video 1:23 on Perhaps Adam would be better off with a new species of little helper? If you thought the Lyre Bird was a good mimic, you're in for a treat. This clip will bring your heart...
7
7

Lanyard for Makita 10.8V drill/driver & impact driver?
Anyone know where to find - or how to make - a lanyard which can be attached to a Makita 10.8V Li-Ion driver? I bought a pair at the turn of the year (HP330D drill/driver and TD090D impact driver)....
5
5

OT Snp Joke.
Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon was touring Perthshire in the First Minister's chauffeur driven car. Suddenly a cow jumped out into the road. They hit it full on and the car comes to a stop....
3
3

Garage doors
Sometime this summer I have to deal with my garage. Historically, it was extended at the front by about 4 feet. This extension is slowly falling down and I could use the space on the drive, so I'm...
21
21

Replacement wall light switches
Doubtless a daft question, but ... I want to replace some of our ordinary white wall light switches, some one way and some (landing light) two way. Seen a box of ten two way that would suit....
31
31

Water and human proof bell push needed
Well says it all. I have a little door phone and after about 6 months trying to keep the call/bell button has been abandoned in favour of an old bell push I found in a drawer with a Woolworths price...
28
28

alt.internet.talk.haven
Just found a vacant newsgroup that might suit a lot of us who post OT subjects in uk legal and the D-I-Y group. Shall we jump ship and use this group to save the annoyance of posters who don't like...
37
37

OT: Making a knife
I don't know whether many people here watched the BBC4 programme about Owen Bush making a kitchen knife on BBC4 the other night? I would have liked to understand a bit more about what he was doing,...
27
27

OT: What you can and can't do at a polling station
Can you wear political clothing? People shouldn't wear party political clothing. At the last general election Nigel Tonkin, then Westminster Council's head of administrative services, said that...
22
22