Subject Author Posted Replies

Help with google-fu - wheelchair commode
Apologies for being so lazy, but I've come down with covid and have fuck all energy. Do the good posters here know of something that can fit on an existing wheelchair (replacing the cushion) allowing...
6
6

no sighn of queenie
View flight TK1346 from Edinburgh to Istanbul on Flightradar24 View flight TK1346 from Edinburgh to Istanbul on Flightradar24
25
25

B&Q
Shut on Monday for some reason...what next
19
19

OT: CfD's
BBC red button science is saying the Govt is considering putting renewables and nuclear onto CfD's. I thought renewables at least were already on the scheme. Is the Beeb correct?
15
15

Weedkiller That Works?
I have a stone area in my front garden that I am told represents a lake with the big rocks in it being islands. It's also full of weeds and I'm not really up to extracting them by hand. Is there a...
31
31

Boiler fault
The 200w wb2b system boiler which has given decent service has packed up. On power up, it normally does a self test - motors everything before firing up. Now, just the fan comes on. At low speed. And...
35
35

Which glue to patch an airbed?
I have an airbed which, predictably after a while, has multiple micro-leaks. The bed came with some patch kit, but it was rubbish. So I started taking cuts from thick supermarket bags and glue them to...
11
11

Touch Lamp
The only incandescent lamp in my house is in a bedside lamp. I tried an LED lamp but it wouldn't dim. Are there solutions?
28
28

Best bitter
If I am driving I don't like to imbibe too much alcohol. Accordingly prefer to have a shandy with my meals. At least half of the local restaurants do not stock bitter. I can cope with that but when I...
103
103

Smart bayonet adapters for light fittings ?
Since SWMBO is now bedbound for a good portion of the day, control of lights is an issue. I've already started looking, but to save time, does anyone know of any *adapters* for light fittings that can...
17
17

Minor rant - kitchen overhead cabinets.
Minor remodelling of the kitchen means that I can put some more kitchen cabinets on the wall. I already have a couple of spare doors so only require the carcasses. No problem I thought as the local...
11
11

Grr.. Lock buggeration.
Just had to replace a fairly standard bathroom door mortise latch mechanism (with inbuilt locking bolt). The main bolt had ceased retracting far enough to allow the door to open easily. First...
4
4

How Old Are You?
According to: am the 292,232,693 oldest person in the world, feels like it sometimes! Population.io by World Data Lab Population.io by World Data Lab
14
14

Advice on allowing access when re-boxing tiled section
Hi all I am looking at re-boxing in a section of tiling behind our WC. The section is about 35cm x35cm; the previous tiling and plasterboard had to be removed due to a leak. I still have the original...
12
12

asda essentials range bread
been buying that asda 38p white bread regardless of the yellow packaging marking me out ....I admit ot I'm cheap and dont care about such things.....bread is very good
11
11