Subject Author Posted Replies

Fire doors
In residential blocks, what is the legal/regulatory position, including penalties, concerning the propping open of internal communal doors blue-labelled as "fire / door keep / shut"?
1
1

Glued on dust caps
Following a dispute with a local tyre supplier they provided and fitted two new tyres to the car. I had to go through head office to get the dispute resolved so I imagine the local branch manager got...
35
35

OT: London Congestion Zone
After a whole lot of searching I can't find a definitive answer to a simple question... if I drive into the zone on, say Wednesday at 10:00, drive wholly within it on Thursday between 12:00 and 14:00,...
35
35

Paint Charts
... are they always wrong? We've got 4 patches now on our house walls, and every single one is a heck of a lot lighter than the ones on the chart. Hue and saturation look about right. I don't suppose...
3
3

OT: any Newstap users out there (on iPhones/iPads)?
For some reason that nutter (and his alterego repeatedly and consistently gets through my filters on Newstap. I know it's a fairly basic news reader but it supposedly can filter by email address and...

OT Where our foriegn aid goes.
A Mail on Sunday investigation exposes the shocking truth behind all those soft-soap promises of politicians and charity chiefs to change the world with our tax billions.
61
61

OT Our wonerful MPs
Exclusive: References to 'chauffeur-driven cars' and a criminal arrest wiped from online biographies in run-up to election Exclusive: References to 'chauffeur-driven cars' and a criminal arrest wiped...

Cut 1/2" off a UPVC window?
Hi folks, I've got a UPVC double-glazed window that is perfect for my purposes except that it is 1/2" too tall. You might ask me why I don't make the opening bigger, but it's really not easy, as the...
15
15

minutes job = £20,000 Cash! ??
I've come accross this website the other day. Apparently you have to do a job for them which takes less than 10 minutes to complete and you get a £20,000 payment via paypal. Anyone tried it? It looks...
10
10

cutting wires
how come when I cut through my wiring going to my 13a sockets all the sockets are still live?
14
14

OT - YOLO it :-) aka new words.
Following on from the other English thread, I rather like the way the kids come up with new words. My favourite at the moment from my 10 yo daughter and some of her friends is the use of 'yolo' as a...
5
5

Another water supply question
My current water supply goes through the stone wall diagonally from 60 cm below ground outside to near floor level inside. It is 20mm MDPE, in a 20mm drilled hole. Will my plumber protest if I put in...
10
10

Shower pump - no flange
I just had a shower pump installed. The plumber didn't fit a Surrey flange but rather used a weld T joint from the hot water tank main supply pipe. I know most pump manufacturers advise or require a...
4
4

TB
Installed TB on new laptop. If I click on a message, instead of reading it in the preview pane, the message opens, meaning I have to close it before can read the next. Is there a setting I can change?
5
5

Plastic pipe connectors.
I need to replace our main incoming water pipe, presumably with whichever is the larger standard size of plastic tube. At the water board end, a plastic push fit connecter is screwed on to their brass...
18
18