Subject Author Posted Replies

Bosch12 SD
Anyone here got a Bosch 12 SD Sliding mitre saw ? I broke something on mine and now when I lower the blade into the cutting p osition the blade guard doesn't retract far enough. This obstructs the...

100W equivalent LED bulb
I recently bought a couple of these Integral 16W[*] LED bulbs: They really do seem to be as bright as a 100W bulb, and similar to a Philips "110W equivalent" 23W compact fluorescent. The light is...
20
20

OT Flight of the eagle
Eagle cam captures stunning footage of an imperial eagle descending over 2,700 ft (830 m) from the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, in Dubai.
9
9

on end
When I buy a thing, I always check whether it will stand on its end or its edge, if this is possible for the thing in question. It isn't merely because I might want it to stand on its end, it's...
28
28

Shyster Paint Manufacturer
Hi all, Do you recall a few years back there was a sort of scandal surrounding one of the major paint manufacturers whose "brilliant white" turned to a sort of sepia/magnolia shade in a matter of a...
15
15

Plywood tree
Recently I made yet another hutch for my daughter's increasing herd of guinea pigs. Not breeding, she just takes them off the hands of rescue folk & disinterested owners. I admire her for that, for...
31
31

Flashing bathroom light - whilst switched off!
Flashing bathroom light - whilst switched off! This is 2 yrs after a complete rebuild. Recently, the bathroom light has started to flash whilst switched off. It flashes very briefly once or twice a...
21
21

House insurance - again.
Renewal came in from my house insurer that I've been with for perhaps 25 years. Never made a claim of any sort. I'm happy enough to chop and change insurers with the cars - but do prefer to have a...
25
25

12v filter for car electrical output
I've bought a USB FM adaptor to enable me to play MP3 music files from a USB memory stick, via an FM signal to the car radio. It plugs in to a cigar lighter socket for it's power supply. I've tried it...
7
7

OT - 9V battery purchase
I have not needed to buy a 9V battery (pp3) for a long time. I need one today. Where is the best (cheapest) place to get something like a Duracell 4-pack on the high street ? Simon.
33
33

audiophool plugs and sockets
Take a look at these: at those prices (£20+ each) they should be marketing them to audiophools for their hi-fi installations! Weatherproof Plugs & Sockets - 5 / 15 / 30 Amp IP56 Rated
12
12

OT: Windows 8
Got the new laptop which came with Windows 8. Avoid this like the black death. It was clearly designed by a retarded gerbil and is virtually unusable.
175
175

Fly tipping
I'd just like to thank the fly tipper who left (among other things) sufficient sheets of plywood to mend the roof of my log store. Said repair cost me ... nothing, since I used the aforementioned...
32
32

How to clean windows (video)
Watch terrifying moment 'stupid' Scots window cleaner balances on top floor ledge WITHOUT any safety equipment: (says the Daily Record) Owain THE man appears to use only his left hand to cling on to...
5
5

Wall tile 2mm T-spacers
Against my better judgement I've been persuaded to get some 'metro tiles' f or the kitchen. I had no idea how ridiculously expensive the T-spacers woul d be! Tops Tiles sell 1000 for £10.60 but they...
12
12