Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: spmething to consider
In over 16 years as an MEP, I've never seen such a vast amount of emails, correspondence, even members of the public phoning my office in Strasbourg as I |
5
5

Bad timing
And this year's award for bad timing goes to Scottish Gas, trying to sell boiler insurance on the hottest day of the year: Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos...
9
9

Bees
A swarm is usually pretty docile and safe to approach. If you don't know a local beek there's a contact page on the BBKA website He will try to shake/brush them into a box if they are accessible, or...
10
10

Is My Meter Smart?
I think you are right. When I last asked they were still all arguing about a standard interface system and how to make them accessible to blind people. I do sometimes wonder why such things take so...
4
4

OT - Office Phone Disposal
Not necessarily I suppose - just made sense as there's enough for a reasonable size business here. They look like the one with the digital display shown here Phil
7
7

Refrigerator Woes
An ageing relative (95 years old) has just had her fridge moved from the garage into the kitchen, with the kitchen heate to about 22C, and the fridge doesn't function properly, only getting down to...
8
8

Getting a keyless remote re-programmed
SWAMBO managed to accidentally put her remote through a white wash & spin c ycle. As expected fresh out of the machine the remote no longer worked. How ever, after disassembling it, drying it...
17
17

Head Gasket ?
The car model I recently purchased is prone to blown head gaskets....however there is no water in the oil...no oil in the coolant...no white smoke from the exhaust....no overheating...no puddles on...
32
32

DIY Woodworking project?
Discover the hidden features and intricate interior of this cabinet. One of the finest achievements of European furniture making, this cabinet is the most important product from Abraham (1711--1793)...
2
2

Cleaning car windows
What's the best stuff to use to clean the INSIDE of the car windows? I need to mount one of those sucker thingies to hold a satnav and thought it'd probably be a good idea to clean the windows first....
36
36

Dishwasher hatred
The %^&#@! dishwasher that has sucked up hours of my time is at it again. This time, the main symptom is that the pump that forces the water through the rotors no longer does so continuously, but...
5
5

Listed Buildings
That was my initial position. Then we saw a couple of really nice listed properties, so I was reconsidering. Having reconsidered, I've gone back to "bargepole" mode.
17
17

Bosch Pressure Washer
Aquatak 110. Looking at a neighbours machine fore her. Symtoms - Not turning off when trigger released and water pisses out of the lower part of the maching. Removed covers and taken the piston out....
1
1

Oil for hair clippers
The oil for my clippers has just run out (literally - seems that the bottle is about as oil-tight as a Royal Enfield or Sunbeam S7/8!). Went to Boots, only Philips spray stuff/cleanser at £silly. I...
14
14

Getting rid of smell
Bought a pair of binoculars off eBay the other day. Very impressed with the quality (they were only £4), but they are covered in what feel like pretty good quality rubber which has a very strong...
2
2