Subject Author Posted Replies

Fuel pump, ride on mower
Old laser mower with Kohler 18hp twin. Now have sparks (new plugs) but no fuel. No obvious blockages, suspect mechanical pump diaphragm. Spares don't seem to be readily available, is there any obvious...
2
2

Can't believe Screwfux
"You have chosen an item which can only be sold to customers registered with the Gas Safe Register." What bollox!
16
16

PING Arfa Daily
I have a Phillips HTS3111 sound bar that's suddenly stopped working - not a peep emerges from the bar or the woofer. Power to unit as lights are on, it reacts to remote. Changed optical cable for...

Replacement door handles
We have a wooden door with knackered handles. The handles turn down to open the door, as usual, but also up to lock, and engage additional fixings, top and bottom of the door. Looking at replacements,...

Interlinked alarms - power supply
Hello, I'm starting to install some interlinked smoke and heat alarms. Can they use L & N from different circuits, or sgould they have a seperate dedicated one. John M
20
20

cheap paint
I'm finally getting to the point where I'm ready to decorate downstairs, have several newly built plasterboard walls and other walls that have had plaster patched in places, some to be painted, others...
2
2

Possible Triton shower low pressure fix
We have a Triton T100xr shower that has been giving us problems with the lo w pressure light coming on and it suddenly running cold. I believe replacin g the solenoid valve is one solution, but before...
1
1

anybody still have a working BBC computer ?
I have a single 3.5" FD that was authored on a BBC compact. It contains a few text files I would like to get off the disk ......... anybody have one of these pieces of history that still work?
47
47

OT: The mind boggles......
Changed bank accounts recently, same bank, just went from being Ltd Co back to sole trader. Bank screwed up a direct debit for my PLI, around £12 a month. Got a text message on Weds from the ins co...
2
2

This week's project...
So a mate says "If I brought round my Dovecot, could you mend it?" So I thought its worth a look. "What's wrong with it?" "It got left outside!" (which one would have thought was not unexpected for a...
11
11

Backing for log/coal burner
Hi, The chimney recess where my log/coal burner fits is rendered in cement which over each winter cracks behind the fire due to the heat. I have been looking at VITCAS High Temperature plasterboard...
2
2

Doorbell for modern plastic door
Radio doorbells don't seem to work well with modern doors. With the transmitter outdoors the wireless range is not good. Which doorbell systems work well with modern doors? It would be good to have...
13
13

solar power
I've just been flicking through some listings on Ebay. A solar power charger for a phone has a warning about NOT using it is full sun.
5
5

Coconuts
Somebody posted on here a while back about buying coconuts pre-filled with stuff to feed birds. I make up my own mixture with dripping and seeds and using coconuts seemed a good idea. For anyone...
5
5

Heating Oil Tank Installation
Hi DIYers, I need to install a new oil tank. I've got one of these 1300 litre Titan plastic ones. I have the paving slab base made up and now just need to connect the tank up to the fuel line going to...
15
15