Subject Author Posted Replies

[OT] Most modern comedy is crap.
He was a decent banjo player.
80

Self drilling screws
I don't know where I got them from, but I appear to have a few wood screws with a small drill bit on the end. Except the drill makes a hole the same width as the screw. How stupid! I always use a...
6
6

OT On TV last night.
Escape to the Wild. (Kev. again) DIY project on "Desert Island" I don't think this island was as deserted as was made out. Lots of machined timber. Concrete/Bricks/Blocks How did it get there? What...
6
6

2 post lift on soil
Has anyone put a 2 post vehicle lift, on bare soil? Thin layer of soil, with clay sub soil. What might be needed in the way of a foundation please? Are the two posts braced against each other below...
4
4

Today I borrowed....
..SWMBO's disability scooter - I had to, I had a large and bleeding blister on my heel from walking too far yesterday. I couldn't walk in shoes and I needed to let the pharmacist take a look at it, as...
3
3

Free or inexpensive software for making plumbing schematics?
Hello, Looking for nice simple software for making plumbing schematics. Nothing fancy or 3D. Just a plumbing equivalent of TinyCAD ( which is fabulous for electrical and electronic circuit diagrams....
6
6

Anti rust spray?
There's an anti rust coating for steel tools I vaguely remember is favoured by woodworkers as it does not contaminate wood. Anyone recall what it is called? I have more tools in the shed now and I...
21
21

Is there U.K. equivalent ?
OK Its an amusing ad but is there an equivalent product available this side of the pond ? American Standard's VorMax™ Flush Technology is the solution to maintaining a cleaner toilet bowl by...
24
24

12mm steel channel
Where can I get steel channel with a channel width of ~12mm to edge and support some 12mm (actually it measures nearer 11mm) plywood? Everything I can find seems to be wider. Depth isn't important,...
5
5

Angle grinder ...
Wonder if the Hatton Gardens mob can lay their hands on one in Belmarsh?
7
7

Cutting concrete stub fence posts
Do stub fence posts have rebar in them? I need some stub posts about 2 or 3ft long so I was wondering about cutting longer ones to the lengths I need - but if they're reinforced the bar will rust and...
2
2

OT Sun bleached items
So, you all understand that when you put something out in the sun for a long time the colour get bleached out of it Well the thing that I have just had this happen to is the bottle of washing up...
12
12

semi synthetic V mineral oil ...
what are the real world problems on switching between the recommended 5w 30 synth blend oil and 10w 40 mineral oil in a car? I want to use up a load of 10w 40 mineral oil in it. What is likely to...
52
52

liquid cryste display failure modes
I just found the manual - the default video setting is NTSC.
38
38

Stihl 4 MIX Engine
Anyone with experiences good or bad with one of these ? (This engine while being a petrol 4 stroke runs on 2 stroke mixture.) The 4-Mix engine is an extra leightweight four-stroke-engine that combines...
3
3