Subject Author Posted Replies

Stand alone V Yale wireless alarm
Just having thoughts on this and the practicality of changing. I currently have a Yale wirless alarm system, twice when on hols the damn thing has gone off and a neighbour who has a key reset it for...

Mounting a shed base using paving slab strips
After investigating various ways of building a base for a garden shed on sloping ground I've bult a wooden frame out of treated 2x3 and plan to drop 6 uprights into holes that will be filled with...
12
12

Grout remover tool
I've done that, and unfortunately despite careful use the edges of the tile s were chipped. Perhaps others have had more luck than me. The situation wa s partially recovered by ensuring the grout...
5
5

Comprare patente di guida, passaporto, (kenhiner601@ outlook.com) carte d'identità, i visti
Comprare patente, passaporto, ( carte d'identità, i visti Comprare reale EU / USA / UK / Passaporti canadesi, patente di guida, carte di identificazione, Visti, USA Green Card, Cittadinanza...

MiFi and network signal
In the touring caravan I use a mifi, with a plugge into it separate USB dongle and Three sim. Obviously I'm not too interested in the solid signal between my laptop and the mifi, is there likely to be...
6
6

OT Amazing Hula Hoop routine
Annabel Carberry performs an entertaining hula hoop dance routine called A Glass of Red.
9
9

Some build detail on the bird house
(first draft, so full of typos, etc) Dovecot / Bird house build - DIYWiki

Roof and bees
I have a recently built extension and have seen bees getting between the sarking membrane and the Marley concrete roof tiles. I am concerned they may find their way through an overlap and get into the...
9
9

Semi DIY: Supplier of cut lengths of 25mm square tube?
In message , writes To be fair, they were excellent attachments at the time, in that nothing else was available and they worked. Precision instruments they were not, but for anyone who sawed every...
19
19

OT Lastpass security breached
This looks like at the very least it is embarrassing for a computer security firm Although it seems that users are not at significant risk. LastPass Hacked - Identified Early & Resolved - The LastPass...
15
15

boiler fan
Hello, The combi boiler in my new house has just packed up. I downloaded a manual from the manufacturer's web site, which includes a fault finding flow chart. There is 240v at the fan but the fan does...
5
5

Meter tail question
Thanks to a monumental bit of DIY idiocy by yours truly, my daughter is getting a nice new mains incomer to her Victorian flat that she's just bought. As it happens, it would be nice to move the meter...
36
36

OT-ish: shopfitting-type shelves with centre supported shelves
Hi all I'm looking for some freestanding light duty shelving, with not much experience of what is available. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help. The shelves themselves would be of size...
2
2

bay window tiling
Can anybody help standard tile battens will not bend to the curve. they snap at a knott. I want something that will curve and screw to the vertical posts at 460 cntrs. it must have a 10mm lip for the...
6
6

Link detached houses and property boundaries ?
If understand correctly, property boundaries usually run through the middle of walls with terraced and semi-detached houses, but what about link-detached houses? In this sketch for example, which of...
55
55