Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Gas Cylinder Storage Capacity vs. Pressure
Gentlemen, I keep cylinders of various gases here (the big, full-size ones). They each have pressure regulators attached appropriate for the composition of the gases therein. The question is, does the...
48
48

Ring door bell
Has anyone3 got one of these,.wired or wireless I'm just thinking of getting one , but want to know which one is better. Some people say wired but others say wireless. What are the limitations of...
13
13

CFLs and LEDs
I replaced some 20W CFLs with some 15W LEDs and the latter are much brighter and give a better colour light. Bill
44
44

Terminating stranded flex
I am terminating some 3 core flex onto an mcb and busbar For a short final length connection. BS 7671 allows for using flexible cables, it does stipulate that: A flexible cable shall be used for fixed...
7
7

Re: Jeezus H Christ ....
On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 08:33:14 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: Fuck me! Clearly a Yaesu nut.
12
12

Chimney advice
Hi, I recently fitted cowls to adjacent chimney pots, which are for the living room and bedroom directly above it. The bedroom has an open fireplace, which is not in use, so I used a cowl that taps...

Chimney advice
cf-leeds unread, 1:43 PM (1 minute ago)    to I recently fitted cowls to adjacent chimney pots, which are for the living room and bedroom directly above it. The bedroom has an open fireplace,...

Chimney advice
I recently fitted cowls to adjacent chimney pots, which are for the living room and bedroom directly above it. The bedroom has an open fireplace, which is not in use, so I used a cowl that taps off...
9
9

How to minimise cold bridging at my new roof next week please?
Advice please, before I start building a little roof for my kitchen extension next week. I've built a cavity wall of brick and block. My plan is to stick kingspan seconds to it with foam, then...
5
5

Eonnext website and App
Just had a shock and sleepless night. Their app shows prices over 60p/kWh when the cap is supposed to be 34p/kWh. So does their website but a .ittle footnote says wtte Don't worry this is not the...
9
9

Nonsensical policy on B&Q website
I was going to order something on the B&Q website but when I tried to checkout as a guest it said my email address had been registered previously and asked for my password, which I couldn't remember....
18
18

Air Fryer
Air Fryers seem to be all the rage at the moment, I know it's not strictly DIY but I am thinking of getting one and it would be used by me to cook my own dinner :-) I read through an article this...
36
36

Looking for toolbox/chest with drawers - like this one but better
I have three of these:- bought mine when they were quite a bit cheaper than the above listing) They're almost my perfect toolbox but not quite, I'd prefer something a little bit bigger and also with a...
1
1

CH advice please.
I would really appreciate some advice from the CH experts here. My heating system dates to 1936, with 2-inch pipes and eight flush radiators. Boiler is 54/74 Thorn floor standing boiler which was...
25
25

Fluke are so expensive
My 20 year old Fluke Scope-meter is ready for a battery change, RS and Farnell want £140 for a replacement, but Best Battery UK have a 3000mAh NMH replacement for £22. Both batteries are made in...
5
5