Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: St. Andrews
Does anybody else think that the scoreboard at St. Andrews looks like a giant Lego block? It does to us.
12
12

OT: Stupid Aldi
I just shopped at Aldi and the checkout operator (who was actually the deputy manager) was pressing one key on the till 20 times when I'd bought 20 of one thing. When I looked at her with a confused...
39
39

Trianco oil boiler burner lock out problem
Having a problem just in the last few weeks with our Trianco oil fired combi-boiler burner locking out on timer start up. Have replaced the Danfoss coil and photo-cell but the lock out light still...
15
15

concrete steps
Good morning, I have got some concrete steps, which are badly eroded. What is the best way to "resurface" these? Should I apply some pva or sbr to the existing steps and then a screed of sand and...
12
12

fence post question
Hello, I am trying to dog-proof and child-proof the garden. In one corner my neighbour has a small breeze block wall, which is only two blocks high. One option would be to make the wall taller; how...
18
18

Dual voltage shaver points - use both?
Shaver points usually have two sockets - one for 110V and another for 240V. I know from past experience that a Braun electric toothbrush charger will work in the 110V socket (yes, plugged it into the...
24
24

Adhesive for slate tiles on outside doorstep?
I need to replace some slate floor tiles on to an exterior concrete front doorstep. Can't remember what I used originally (about 10 years ago!) but they came loose in short order and I stashed them...
7
7

OT; Now, over to our correspondent...
It seems to be necessary on news programs to have someone at the scene of the news for no apparent reason. T'other night it was "Now over to Fred Bloggs at Hove Crown Court". As it was 6:45 the court...
66
66

Fernox or not?
Some of you may remember my saga with the Honeywell V4073A1062 zone valve. Well, fear not, all I have to say about that is that I've successfully finshed said repair, and more economically than I was...
34
34

downlighters
Hello, I'm not a big fan of down lighters but there are two in the en suite and I figured tat I'd keep them for now. However, they both look a bit tired and the one near the shower has bubbles under...
26
26

OT; Service intervals
Looking to replace the handy van and I notice that modern vans have a service interval of 22,500 miles. Which is very impressive. But it states "22,500 miles or two years, which ever comes first". But...
51
51

Who invented polystyrene ceiling tiles?
If anyone knows can they provide a name and address so I can go round and give him a good kicking. The lady who owns the house has offered to hold him down.
27
27

OT. Asylum seekers
LOOKING after asylum seekers has cost tax payers nearly £450,000 a day, the Express can reveal.
11
11

Re: Chris Froome
Fuck off Mason. the medway handyman for all those little jobs that need to be done Team Sky believe their computers have been hacked by critics convinced Chris Froome is using performance-enhancing...
10
10

OT - low temperature wash
The recommended wash these days for clothes is low temperature - 30C to 35C I think - and this is often quite a quick wash. Concerns have been expressed, however, from time to time, over the low...
89
89