Subject Author Posted Replies

[OT] Netflix, Amazon Prime, Amazon Fire etc.
A few days ago, I received an e-mail from my ISP (Zen) saying they had received an illegal download complaint from 20th Century Fox, which, predictably, was traced (by me) to our 14 year old son....
29
29

Sink veg drainer replacement
The kitchen sink is one of those tough plasticky things, I think called a 1 and 1/4 one, with drainer/ 1/4 sink / full sink in that order. The 1/4 in the middle has a rather worse for wear (battered)...
7
7

Wall-hung toilet pan question
We're thinking about a wall hung loo for our small cloakroom and looking at using a frame like this. Are wall hung pans standardised in terms of mounting bolt points, flush pipe and soil pipe...
6
6

Storm drains/sewers
Not exactly DIY but should anyone happen to know. In coastal areas the road gully drain system seems to be outputted to the sea via flap-valve outlets. Assuming no breakages in the system is there any...
10
10

Re: O T uPVC Fascias and Soffits
In message , TheChief writes I thought that was called *undertile* but Google doesn't seem to have heard of it. I don't think it is asbestos cement as the stuff I used was quite soft.

Stud wall to support storage above
Hi all, I'm in the process of building a brewery in an industrial unit. As part of the build I want to put in an office and store room which I intend to build with plasterboard faced studwork with...
1
1

Road Repair Gang Prog on TV (OT)
I was bemused watching a gang reparing the edges of a country road. There were no kerbs and no drains. They dug out some of the subsided tarmac and replaced it. A total waste of materials as it will...
12
12

OT Petrol for 2 stroke garden equipment?
I have decided to change to premium petrol for my car. Is this OK for 2 stroke garden equipment, or should I always make sure I use the standard petrol?
64
64

DotD
Screwfix have been tinkering with their deal of the day images again, I've sort of fixed the future deals page for now ...
7
7

Help -advice request (sent again)
Hi, contacted you a couple of week ago - had no response. I used MER ultimate car polish (light blue flat bottle) on my wife's new Citroen DS3 On the paint finish it polished up really nice. However...
6
6

Powering a mains radio from a lighting circuit.. Permissible?
As title really, using a round pin 5a plug & socket? Would it cause bother on a periodic inspection or some survey or other further down the line? TIA Jim K
27
27

Doesn't do what it says on the tin
Been varnishing some furniture with what Ronseal call "Clear" varnish and it's full of brown/orange streaks. I expected them to dry transparent, but they haven't. What can one do (other than buying a...
16
16

Maplin CCTV system
Looking for a motion triggered CCTV system with digital recording. I just had the Maplin email ... they have the 'Swann DVR8-4400 8 Channel CCTV Kit with 4 Cameras' It's on offer at £399 Anybody used...
4
4

Can ceramic disk tap valves start leaking after only three years?
I bought a set (hot and cold) of Bristan quarter-turn valves from Plumb Centre almost exactly three years ago and this morning I noticed that the cold tap was dripping ~very~ slightly. After a while...
9
9

OT Arctic ice increasing
or the layman's version: Researchers say the Arctic is highly sensitive to changes in summer temperatures as ice rebound continued through 2014....
4
4