Subject Author Posted Replies

Extension options etc Q3 (water mains)
And finally.... Ideally want to replace street to house with 32mm blue as suggested previously by folks here so... I've trenched out for a new water main to the opposite side of the house and can chop...

Extension options etc Q2
Also... :) re: new extension I'm looking at doing the 2 new rooms as an extension of our UFH but am wondering the best system to put down as it would be on top of the 4" slab (which is laid on top of...

DIY puzzle - automatic PC depresser!
Here's a head scratcher for those of you who are a tad more innovative than me... I am currently freelancing for a company who have provided me with a dedicated, highly locked-down laptop which hooks...
27
27

Extension options etc Q1
Hi Folks. Builders found all the services one by one, worst being BT which has now been out of action for 4 weeks waiting for a new line to be pulled through the new ducting that was finally dropped...

Wall light shades repair
Two of three wall lights, due to long usage and heat have suffered the plasticky shades turning brown and brittle. There are also matching ceiling light shades too. The plastic bits an elongated...
8
8

Li-on Charger
I have a single cell charger for a 3.7 volt torch battery. It has an LED that is currently flashing red. Any idea what this might mean. Is it charging or a fault? I have seen it go green in the past.
6
6

Siliconing internal corners....
What top tips do we have for siliconing around e.g. shower trays when faced with an internal corner, usually where 3 beads meet? Jim K
2
2

Solenoid for old Redring shower
The solenoid coil of the cold water inlet valve has gone open circuit. Not bad given its age, but the shower is a tall narrow unit in an enameled steel cabinet so fitting a modern short wide shower...
4
4

BT in dns problems again?
My cctv ceased to be viewable today over the internet. Had a good root around and could see nothing wrong. Checked access from another remote location and couldn't get through. But tried remotely with...

Victorian Houses
Someone asked mr "Why do Victorian homes have such high ceilings" I don't knoe the answer.
30
30

OT; Grumble, mutter.....
New handyvan arrives tomorrow. I call the insurance company I've been with for 8 years. Simple task. Switch policy form old van to new van. Leave old van on policy till the end of the month. How long...
7
7

Glyphosate concentration for home-made weedkiller gel
I've got a 5L container of 360 g/l glyphosate. This works well for general weedkilling tasks using a spray at a dilution of 50ml in 5L (100:1). I want to make a paste or gel that I can use to paint on...
4
4

Easiest way to remove ceiling
Whats the easiest/cleanest/quickest way to remove a plasterboard ceiling approx 6 x 6 feet. Tried multi purpose tool, a bit slow and tiring on the arms. Was thinking: Just rip it out with bare hands...
17
17

[OT]Multi-function printer
Following on from the recommendation(s) for a shredder, I now need a colour printer/copier. (I am retiring and having to give back the stuff I was provided with in order to allow me to work at home)....
48
48

Two dimmers in series?
Would halogen lamps work safely with 2 dimmers in series please? Even if (by mistake) both dimmers were set below max? Background is elderly lady moving into care home. No space for her to take all...
9
9