Subject Author Posted Replies

Fecking NSANDI have made premium bond online even more difficult
Just tried to login to and they have made yet another change to the login. They have now decided to send a 6-digit OTP to the registered phone number, which is a landline for me but it converts to...
19
19

Stripping paint off old front door
I have offered to repair and re-paint my friend's front door. It's an old house, c. 1900, and has a panelled front door. The bottom panel has split which I intend to repair - no problem so far. The...
8
8

Electrical socket installed under sink for new kitchen dishwasher installation
This is to any one out there who knows what the safety rulings are in the UK for installing an electrical socket under my new sink to power the dishwasher? I always was told that this should never be...
47
47

Cause of frequent power interruptions: "livestock rubbing themselves against poles causing [circuit breakers] to operate" ;-)
Every year at about this time, we get a large number of power interruptions, ranging from 1 second to a minute or so. I've lodged a complaint with Northern Powergrid and had a reply from their...
33
33

Fitting copper draft strip
Anyone done this? Our inner porch door has gaps between the frame and the door. Fitting foam strips to the closing face of the frame would stop the door latching and I think would make the door hard...
12
12

[SOLVED] How do you solder a dripping pipe?
I'm adding a radiator to my central heating and I'd like to know if there is any way to be able to immediately solder the 22mm pipes just after they've been cut and are still dripping. I could use a...
59
59

Does a bathroom fan fed from a 6A lighting circuit really need a 3A fuse
The bearings on my old extractor fan are on the way out and I'm replacing it with a Vent-Axia VASF100T model. The manufacturer's instructions state it should be protected with a 3A fuse. I can see the...
19
19

OT: Computer Problems
I'm afraid this is rather long, but I am looking for any insight anybody could offer, and know there is a wide spread of expertise here.. I was doing some research before deciding about renewing my...
58
58

Roof Insulation
With ever-increasing fuel prices, I want to reduce the amount of heat which escapes through the roof. My roof is a conventional purlin and rafter construction (not trusses). The pitch is only 30...
3
3

Shed recommendation
I need a shed, I want something decent that will last, I'll go and look at any local haunts but wondered if anyone could recommend an online shed seller they've been happy with, or otherwise. I'm...
46
46

what is wrong with UK
what is wrong with UK overcrowded and immigration out of control green agenda EU still has control wokeism has taken over free speech / any criticism we do not produce anything education has failed...
18
18

For all you cat lovers
One of two adverts for the Ford Ka, deemed unsuitable for use. One of two adverts for the Ford Ka, deemed unsuitable for use.
3
3

Gardening group ?
Any recommendations for a general purpose group?
3
3

Are There Better Places to Put Large Solar Farms Than These Forests?
Are There Better Places to Put Large Solar Farms Than These Forests? By Gabriel Popkin, Sept. 21, 2022, NY Times CHARLOTTE COURT HOUSE, Va. — In Charlotte County, population 11,448, forests and...
3
3

Wavy Gravy
Who is the wife of wavy gravy ?....