Subject Author Posted Replies

Highlight [ high bulb changer]
hello guys, please check it out this product for how to chnage your chandelier bulb or other high bulb into easy step, please visit the link thanks. 'Highlight' (
9
9

OT: Inside the handyvan
In response to public demand - inside the new handyvan; (You need lots of tools as a handyman!) I've installed a false floor approx 12" high and under it are 8 x 30 litre storage boxes. Looking...
36
36

Disconnecting electric shower
At some point in the next couple of months I will be disconnecting the electric shower and replacing with a shower to be combi fed. I dont see me converting back to electric but will keep the cable in...
11
11

Group you can read
Group you can read ------- telnet:// Webusenet: TradeWar 2002 thru Rlogin Local Interest News Groups

weather stations
Does anyone have knowledge or experience of the little weather stations that transmit to the indoor unit? I have one here that transmits continuously on 868.3MHz which seems odd because I'd expect it...
26
26

Isolator switch
I will be putting a 3-pole isolator in for a timer extractor fan. It will be located in the bathroom do the regs stipulate if it has to be a switch or a fused or pull cord. Thanks
18
18

OT Car Dash Cam
Thinking of getting one as support in cases of accidents. I recall seeing enthusiastic reviews some time back (when I wasn't thinking of getting one) that was about ?30. Has anone any experience of...
21
21

Aldi: angle grinders on special!!!
Sunday 23 August, grinder, stand, discs, accessories! Plus much DIY 'stuff'.
4
4

Going round B&Q
Was in B&Q the other day. (Found what I wanted elsewhere at half the price of B&Q) Ripoff merchants. But I noticed there was no-one in there young. They were all old gits. Does no-one young do any DIY...
61
61

Television Aerials
Argos are selling Philex Aerials (14 element,up to 10db gain) for £14, and (32 element, up to 12dB gain) for £24. I live 22km from the Crystal Palace transmitter and i'm told from the Freeview Page...
10
10

OT: Activity Trackers
Being aware that I have a tendency towards the sedentary, and am a sucker for technical solutions, it occurred to me that some form of activity tracker might offer sufficient motivation to spend more...
10
10

New sandstone slabs? Good idea?
I've seen the latest thread on cutting, and read pavingexpert, but do the assembled company have any other views / gotchas etc on these products? I am currently replacing a patio and had been going to...
6
6

DIPLOMAT ADP8242 Adjusting water softener
Hello all, I have one of the above and need to change the setting on the ad juster BUT it is MEGA TIGHT and the instruction book does not tell one whic h way the outer (lock nut?) should be rotated or...

wall fixings question
I have a shower curtain pole to put up in the bathroom I have hollow stud partition walls with 12.5mm thick aquapanel plasterboard which is then tiled over with 10mm thick tiles on a bed of tile...
18
18

Cutting Indian sandstone
Just been laying a sandstone patio, having finished laying the full flags I am now starting on all the cuts. I tried one today thinking the angle grin der would chew through it in no time. To my...
21
21