Subject Author Posted Replies

Energy comparisons
Having never got around to doing a market comparison before, I finally found the motivation this week (yes, I know, should have done it years ago). We have always had the bog standard, pay when you...
72
72

GU10 extender
Do they exist I can't find any. What I have is a 6 way light fitting that takes the GU10 halogen fitting bu lds. I brought a couple of packs of GU10 LEDs from B&Q speacial offer was £12 for 2 now £8...
2
2

100w lamp.
Have only one room with what was once the traditional way of lighting - a 100 watt single central light. And noticed there seems to be no modern equivalent commonly available in my local large...
70
70

Jointing stainless steel sheets
Hi All, I have some stainless steel sheets which are predrilled with a line of smal l holes down each side. I need to join them together but unfortunately to get the sizing correct, the overlap is too...
17
17

Wireless thermometer?
An acquaintance of mine has a new build with a woodburner feeding a second secondary coil in his DHW tank. He currently goes upstairs to check the tank temperature (via two thermocouple / thermostat...
2
2

OT: "Import Fees Deposit" and Amazon US
Trying to buy something from Amazon US website as it is much cheaper than I could find the item for in the UK, even when taking P&P into account. I was about to press "Go" when I noticed that they...
10
10

OT Amazing motorcycle accident.
I can almost guarantee that you replay this video until you convince yourself that it is possible. You are going to be in total disbelief after watching this 35-second video. Watch the car on the...
3
3

Hanging a heavy bathroom mirror?
Hi all, A mate has roped me into helping him hang a 1400 x 900 mirror on the wall in his freshly re-furbished bathroom. It has been re-tiled and from a knuckle_knock, sounds hollow so I don't really...
8
8

Breach of planning/building regs
Neighbour has an oil storage tank right next to the house and covered with vegetation. Fumes from burner are noticeable at our back door when the wind is blowing from one direction and also when I...
9
9

OT Humour - How to DIY fit a satellite dish
It is the Bundys
4
4

Blocking emails, texts and phone calls from a pest
Any ideas how to do it? The person getting the hassle has a btopenworld address for the emails and an Orange PAYG mobile phone for the texts and phone calls. AFAIK the only way to block the phone...
15
15

Victorian airer in stairwell
A friend wants me to fit an airer in the stairwell of her flat, which is t he top floor of a massive Victorian house. We talking about one of those airers that consist of two cast iron bits sha ped...
25
25

Aldi diamond discs
In stock now at 4 for £4, good deal imho. I've not used them though. NT
4
4

Unwelcomed panel fence
Got a wooden panel fence up along the length of the garden. Previously it was all open plan which made life easier. So what can I put up against it? Ivy? Feel free to use a bit of imagination. Am I...
47
47

OT Windows 10 'features' now in Win 7 & 8
Some here may find this to be of interest: Windows 10?s warm reception has been sullied by concerns over data collection, usage tracking and spying, which is enabled in the new operating system by...
6
6