Subject Author Posted Replies

trollies for knickers
Latest Kate Atkinson set in London post first world war mentions knickers as beingcalled trollies. I'm baffled by this. Cant see the connection. Anyone any ideas?
22
22

Saving on LED lamps
OK so from the BBC and they are using Sust-it for info. from that link 2. Switch to LED lightbulbs Lighting makes up 11% of the average UK household's energy consumption, according to The Energy...
97
97

OT: Do I pay the estate agent?
Property for sale, i've paid for the FS sign and listing and there'll be a further fee upon sale. If I find a buyer myself though, do I pay the estate agent?
16
16

Safely reducing average DHW temperature - energy-saving suggestion
Someone ("The Todal") on the legal forum has just made an interesting energy-saving suggestion that I hadn't seen before - has anyone here done it? The suggestion is to set the DHW temp lower than...
40
40

Perplexed (re drawer runners)
I recently bought some Selmer undermounting full extension drawer runner/slides. They compride a complex metal part and a small plastic gadget that somehow is responsible for the "push to open"...
8
8

Leisure battery - deep cycle - difference?
Hello, I've bought a leisure battery but since noticed that the seller is doing at the same price 2x batteries of a higher capacity than this one that i've bough but they are not describes as...
14
14

OT - Andriod Gmail App
My friend has used the android Gmail app for years to access his internet providers email - With an upcoming change in internet provider he is trying to migrate away from this address towards his...
7
7

ion to renewables
Report: small nuclear reactors an ‘uncertain and unproven’ technology that could delay Australia’s transition to renewables By Graham Readfearn, Oct 6, 2022, Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists...
2
2

Wittenoom is a declared contaminated site and former townsite...
Wittenoom is a declared contaminated site and former townsite 1,420 km (880 mi) north-north-east of Perth, in the Hamersley Range in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. The declared contaminated...

Retaining card details
I pay my dual-fuel supply quarterly to EDF by BACS transfer, after receiving the bill following a meter reading I give them. It's worked well for years (I never use DD). Late last month I got an email...
17
17

Royal Mail puzzle
Yesterday, Royal Mail left a card telling me that I needed to pay £2.50 for unpaid postage on an item to be delivered. I paid online, and today, the item was delivered. It was an envelope with one...
15
15

Thunderbird 91.13.1 keeps requesting gmail login
I have just upgraded to Tbird 91.13.1 and I have 3 email addresses set up, one of which is a gmail account. Previous I would be asked to enter the password in turn for each account and I just ignored...
12
12

Battening for fixing skirting board
I've removed some of the ground floor skirting to repair the hardwood floor and now need to fit new skirting. The plaster is thick (15-25mm) and ends about 140mm above the floor so I'm planning to use...
9
9

HDMI leads - reasonably priced supplier of 15m HDMI 2.*?
Looking for a reasonably priced (and reputable) supplier of a 15m HDMI 2.* lead. Length seems to be a problem for the suppliers I've looked at so far and I thought I could maybe rely on suggestions...
41
41

Hive TRVs - can each TRV be scheduled separately?
I have a Hive system with a single room thermostat. The house is quite large and we don’t use all the rooms, those we do use tend to be used in a fairly predictable pattern. While most radiators...
4
4