Subject Author Posted Replies

Bath waste questions
Hoping I can get some quick advice on a Saturday afternoon, as I'm mid install and we have no means of washing if I dont get done. I'm installing a new freestanding acrylic bath and currently trying...
3
3

Yale wireless burglar alarm kit at Aldi
Aldi are shortly doing a Yale wireless Burglar alarm kit for £79. Not that we have anything worth pinching and a fifteen year old car out front, but there have been a lot of burglaries in our area...
10
10

OT: House clearance
Not DIY in the conventional sense, but the wealth of experience here may be of help to me. A close relative is very near to death and I will have the job of disposing of their effects when they've...
21
21

PURE Evoke 1S DAB radio question
We have had one of the above for a couple of years, one of these: But, despite the small size of the loudspeaker, there is too much bass or not enough treble for our liking, and there is no treble or...
53
53

4 core 2.5mm swa cable
We are in the process of completing changing our garden and as a result we need to think about sockets etc. Previously there were a number of outdoor sockets and seperate lights but all run off a 4...
4
4

I've just discovered Wago connectors!
I'd not heard of them but my nephew who's an electrician swears by them I bought a few on Ebay and they work out at about 40p each but are 25p each if you buy 50. Clever design - no tools needed and...
33
33

Dyson 110,000 rpm
That's just asking for trouble, Dyson products are unreliable enough as it is. 110,000 rpm?!? In Sydney to launch Dyson's latest Airblade products, Sir James Dyson talks to TechRadar about the motors...
21
21

DIY Electrical Work
I've just done a couple of minor electrical bits and pieces following replastering - refitting sockets and ceiling lights, plus added a spur to an existing ring. I've been pretty careful as regards...
46
46

Pedestal basins: plumbing and support
Hello, One last bathroom question for today! The basin was on the internal wall, its waste pipe ran (about 2 metres) under the floorboards through notches in the joists to the external wall. Because...
13
13

lagging and supporting hot water pipe
Hello again, Currently my hot water pipes are not lagged and do not appear to be supported. They seem to run under the bathroom floor across the house to the kitchen. It takes forever for hot water to...
5
5

pipes: bury or box in?
Hello, The ensuite in the loft conversion is directly overhead the bathroom. As I am about to tile the bathroom, I was wondering what to do with the hot and cold water pipes that run up to the en...
18
18

OT. New design "Wind Turbine"
Sounds like bollix to me. Read it here first - all of our latest company and energy industry news and views, in one easy-to-read place. All brought to you by the Opus Energy team.
22
22

Glass kitchen splashback fitting
When we got the new kitchen, the fitters installed a glass splashback behind the gas hob. All was well for around 3 years and then the glass cracked into shards (so obviously not toughened) which...
7
7

Stopping inadvertent ' Data Usage' within 'Tesco Mobile' Provider.
Our provider is Tesco Mobile and we are on PAYG. We are not big users of any data-transfer, using it only for phone calls and the occasional receiving of a photo; when we at home using the wifi...
6
6

Broadband Plusnet v Broadband
A year or so ago I switched my phone to Plusnet as part of a phone/Broadband package. Since had calls from BT trying to lure me back. Latest was yesterday. He told me it would be faster and more...
34
34