Subject Author Posted Replies

Firefox loading blank pages
The past few weeks, Firefox has been struggling to load certain pages, from some sources, such as the MOT checking site and Facebook, plus probably other site I have yet to try to use. Other sites...
13
13

Continuing Limescale Battle
One of my toilet pans is quite badly scaled up in that the water curtain at each side is just a trickle. I have been trying Viakal, white vinegar, Harpic de-scaler etc. and it's better but not as good...
22
22

SMART Socket
I purchased a SMART socket I need is App to switch on & off ..... no Alexa currently - maybe in future. I failed to be able to get it to be detected .... SMART Life app on Android Phone ...... even...
26
26

Inspecting floor boarded attic insulation
The attic is boarded. Since I've lived here I've discovered lots of things have not been done properly so I decided to try and check what insulation there was between the ceiling and the floor panels....
10
10

Connecting backup power to your house
Given all the warnings about possible blackouts this winter, I thought it might be worth doing a bit of preparation to make it easy to hookup power to the house should there be a power cut that lasts...
55
55

Re-gassing freezer
Any thoughts? Chest type probably 10 years old. Currently only getting down to -15C
35
35

Automatic central heating repressuriser
Hi, New to this group. Is there such a thing as a device that can automatically re-pressurise a central heating system? I have a gas boiler that feeds both a hot water cylinder and a radiator circuit....
16
16

Inherited Bosch Jig Saw
This is pretty old but the blade rotates too freely. The screw that looks like it should loosen/tighten it, turns seemingly for ever but doesn't achieve anything. The metal label reads Scintilla SA...
4
4

BOXT
Any experiences with BOXT for boiler repairs? (Yes, I know this is a DIY group and I would do it myself but...) The diaphragm on my Baxi 105HE is leaking again after being replaced about five years...
13
13

New Bathroom Shower Head
The shower head we have on the end of a flexible hose is connected to the the bath taps and is quite old. Its in a low pressure system feeding from a hot water cylinder, so the nozzles are very small...
8
8

Next base 322gw camera with rear camera
Next base 322gw camera with rear camera, the rear camera is showing as a white box any ideas how to sort it?

Surge protection for fridge
A friend of mine is a bit obsessive about catastrophe planning. He wonders: if there is a power cut, when the power is restored could there be a surge that could damage a fridge or freezer? My...
14
14

Scam?
2 second hand paperbacks (yes I am tight!) ordered from Amazon. (World of books) 2 very suspicious looking mails loaded with an active site purporting to be Royal Mail arrived today each asking me to...
40
40

One for Adam.
Just read elsewhere a decent electrician uses a torque screwdriver when tightening the terminals in a CU and wiring accessories like sockets and so on. I live and learn. ;-)
35
35

Smart water meters
We own three properties and for reasons to do with installing an EV charging point ended up having to have the electricity and gas meters replaced by 'smart' ones (long story). Each of the six meters...
6
6