12v lighting

Is it ok to use a standard dimmer light switch with electronic transformers. I know a toroidal transformers need a specific type of dimmer, but was not 100% sure about the requiryements for electronic

12v lighting transfyorymerys.( yes there is something wrongy with my keyboard.)
Reply to
dave

It depends on the electronic transformer. Some are dimmable with a standard dimmer.

Equally, there are dimmers that do a good job with a setup with LV lights.

I've used the MK4500 series dimmers with good success. These bring up the light level gently and it seems to have a beneficial effect on lamp life.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall