Subject Author Posted Replies

ceiling light
I'm looking for a nice simple pair of ceiling lights. Nothing fancy. They're for the dining room though, so they have to look 'domestic' not 'industrial'. They have to use LEDs and each needs to have...
33
33

Talk Talk customer database now available on bit torrent
Or presumambly will be very soon by looks of how worried CEO looks on BBC news...
30
30

How much NOx, particulates, etc. comes from a Zafira?
Just wondering what the environmental impact of burning out a Zafira is likely to be. Would it be more or less than the difference between what is declared for a broadly equivalent VAG vehicle and...
17
17

OT; What is the world coming to?
Yesterday. 21st October. The media is full of articles celebrating a date made famous in a mildly good film Back To The Future. Not a mention of the Battle of Trafalgar 110 years ago, one of our...
27
27

O/T: Question for Harry.
Do you use banks for your financial business, or cryptocurrency?
7
7

Bent builders
Who would have guessed The flagship scheme for certifying builders has been called into question after a string of test centres were caught rigging health and safety exams.
13
13

Mild OT: Suggestions for toner cartridge suppliers...
I need a full set of four toners for an HP cp2025 colour laser. Genuine is nearly £300. Bollocks to that. So... anybody got any suggestions for the minefield of £50-ish "compatible" and...
15
15

Lorries on pavement
Lorries on pavement - they've just demolished a house in my road. Massive lorries were driven onto the site for the rubble. To avoid dust, the contractors sprayed the rubble with water (all weekend!),...
7
7

boiler in loft in winter
My Vaillant turbomax boiler has been moved to the loft this year. So in winter it will be subject to very low temperatures. What precautions should I take to avoid problems ? It will obviously...
24
24

An ignorant plumbing question...
Never done any plumbing before, but am quite handy with most other DIY. Planning to replace a dead electric shower - pretty much a like for like replacement. The old one is no longer available, but...
20
20

WD40 in a woodburner
Ever wondered what happens if you put a can of WD40 in a woodburner? or Not something to try at home!
35
35

siting an extractor fan
Hello, My bathroom does not have an extractor fan, so I would like to fit one to extract steam and prevent condensation, etc. Are there any restrictions on where to place it? Does it have to be three...
10
10

outside lighting
Hello, With it getting darker earlier, I'm thinking again about outside lighting. I did ask before about LED floodlights but went off the idea because they seemed too blue in colour. I remember...
20
20

OT: Manufacturers Claims
A while back I changed the razors I used partly due to the claim that a fou r head pack would give up to 13 weeks shaving. Now I never really expected to achieve that but find that I am lucky to...
11
11

toilet limescale removal
Every few weeks I empty the water from the toilet bowl and U-bend, apply some Domestos Zero Limescale, wait a bit, then clean it off along with the accompanying stains, and, job done. Emptying out the...
26
26