Subject Author Posted Replies

Hot or Cold water to outside tap
I have an outside tap, currently fed from the mains. I have a combi-boiler. I want to be able to switch between hot and cold water to the outside tap. I don't want to actually mix the hot and cold - I...
45
45

Grinder adapter
I have a 6" bench grinder ... and occasionally would like to have a polishing machine ... Has anybody used one of these: (Do polishers run as same speed as grinders ? )
6
6

Modern DG door lock question
The door has multi-point locking, which comes into force when the handle is first lifted. Turning the top of the key towards the frame one turn it locks it and prevents the door handle from being...
12
12

Tiling question
Will be tiling walls in a couple of weeks, I have had to remove some of the old tiles for other work just now and discovered there is another layer of tiles below, so it was tiled on tiles. For the...
9
9

Inkjet printers (slightly OT)
I occasionally want to print drawings at A3, but my ancient Laserjet 8000 has just died. I swore I would never buy another inkjet, but all the refurb A3 mono lasers are large, expensive, or both,...
53
53

Woodworm?
If you spot evidence of woodworm in an old building; It's completely dry so is it safe to assume the woodworm holes could have occurred at any time in the past and woodworm no longer poses a problem?...
12
12

LED Lighting - the technology
Could someone be good enough to explain (or point me to a web page that will do the job) the differences in LED lights designed to replace halogen bulbs. I was just perusing a recent CPC catalogue and...
4
4

OT Bit of light entertainment
#salutsalon #träumdichmutig Tourdaten + Tickets: http://bit.ly/Tour_und_Tickets www.salut-salon.com www.diemagiedertraeume.de NEUES PROGRAMM AB 2020 - DIE MAGIE DER TRÄUME UND WOVON TRÄUMST DU? SEI...
8
8

Tiling in a shower tray
When laying a new shower tray is it better to tile to the floor then put the tray in or put the tray in and then start to tile above it?
13
13

how to remove nibs from paving blocks?
Hi, What's the easiest reliable way to get rid of the nibs that stick out from concrete paving blocks? I'm considering using blocks that are 200mm x 100mm x 50mm - widely used in block driveways,...
8
8

Boiler: mechanical to electronic control?
Hi I have a Vokera Compact combi boiler installed for central heating and hot water There's an integral mechanical (clock) on/off timer which I find very fiddly to set and not terribly accurate Does...
15
15

Toslink to RCA converter.
My TV only has a toslink audio output. To feed an external Hi-Fi. Or rather it does also have a headphone socket, but the quality from that isn't Hi-Fi. I already had a 'universal' D to A converter...
28
28

Asbestos in 1950s garage roof liner under tiles?
My 1950s house has a free standing brick garage with a tiled roof. Under th e tiles and open to the interior space is a papery material, now all cracke d and torn, from age. I guess it was intended as...
12
12

Feed In Tarrifs for phones?
Bought a new phone yesterday, looking at the power consumption this morning, at 3.8V it seems to have delivered 1.3MWh, can I export power from this thing to the mains? As an extra bonus maybe AWS...
5
5

Totally OT; how to find if someone is deceased
I have lost touch with some very long term friends, who are in or approaching their 80s. I need to go back about 5 years, I have not got their current addresses, only old ones and their names. Is...
4
4