Subject Author Posted Replies

buzzing relay
I have a heated plant propagator for raising seedlings, rooting cuttings etc. One of these The temperature sensor is connected to a little control box (on the LHS in the picture), and a potentiometer...
30
30

Solar panels - are FIT payments worth it? Generation FIT vs. export FIT
I talked to a friend in Norfolk today, who had solar panels installed on his house roof during the spring. He told me that, so far, he has had FIT payments totalling 59p. He is wondering if it was...
107
107

No one going to pull this apart ?
Warming set to breach 1C threshold "...it's clear that it is human influence driving our modern climate into uncharted territory..." Global temperatures are set to rise more than 1C above...
18
18

broken light switch with dimmer
Hello, Yesterday the light in the living room broke, I think I will need to replace the dimmer switch, it's one of the kind where to switch on/off you need to press the button, and to regulate the...
8
8

E.ON - Energy Overview
My partner who dealt with these things, passed away at the end of June. I let the DD's from her account continue until 29th Sept, by which time I was advised by E.On that there was a shortfall of...
13
13

OT Ambulance drone
Each year nearly a million people in Europe suffer from a cardiac arrest. A mere 8% survives due to slow response times of emergency services. The ambulance-drone is capable of saving lives with an...
19
19

Suggestions for improvements to the human body
1) Kneecaps should be soft like buttocks. Why should we be uncomfortable kneeling down but comfortable sitting?
4
4

Thin, soft foam from where please?
Hi All, A while back I asked if anyone could point me in the right direction of some thin foam to be able to refurbish the heater on our MkII Escort based kit car. The original foam looked like it was...
25
25

Mutitool blades.
Looks like a bargain to me: 5x Bosch 20mmx30mm plunge cut blades for £6.85 delivered.
2
2

Solar virgin...
The panels have now been fitted and commissioned and this very dreary November morn were knocking out 250W woooo.. 8¬o That's enough to cover the pumps for the fish pond at least. The electrician...
28
28

OT dns behaviour
My CCTV remote viewing fails from time to time. The ip is dynamic so a DDNS service is used. I have found out by accident, that if the system doesn't work, rebooting the router will bring it back into...
4
4

Electrician installed a whole installation RCD
Hi, In a small commercial office that was covered by a 12 way Wylex fuse consumer unit (that had been "upgraded" with MCB's), an electrician installed a whole installation 30mA RCD recently. This...
57
57

CCA and CCS cables
Hello, I must admit that until I read here, I never knew these existed or what they meant (copper coated aluminium, copper coated steel). I made the mistake of buying some cable from cpc, either not...
23
23

How fast?
Order online at Screwfix.com. 13A. Switched fused connection unit. RCD protection against the risk of electric shocks. Multiple cable entries and high impact resistance. FREE next day delivery...
8
8

Securing gasket strip to a metal back box.
Following on from a phone call I had earlier this week I thought that I had better try this. We were talking about the problem of securely gluing a strip of flexible gasket into a metal back box. I...
3
3