Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Amazing violin
Bringing you non-stop entertainment from X Factor, Got Talent, Idols and more! Grab your Popcorn & hit subscribe for the latest uploads ▶︎ http://bit.ly/POPCORN_Subscribe Crazy name for a girl...
8

New Trojan horse affair
Pupils were led in anti-Christmas shouting in assemblies which were like 'rallies'
5
5

Ebay resolution centre + Interlink sucks
I don't know if any of you have been on the wrong end of an ebay resolution , but if you've been unfortunate enough to use Interlink then read this cau tionary tale. I purchased an item for which the...
35
35

drilling an acrylic bath for taps
Hello, I am looking at buying a new bath. I see most of them are acrylic these days. Some of them do not come with tap holes, which surprises me. I would be nervous of drilling them wrong and ruining...
22
22

Dremel
I have bought a new Dremel 4000. I am trying to find out what the individual tools are used for - eg there are what appears to be a couple of router type bits, and also the different grinding wheels...
4
4

garden drainage
Hello, My garden consists of a patio then a lawn, which is about 2' higher than the patio. At the other end of the lawn is a block paved driveway, on which we park the car; unfortunately the driveway...
1
1

How to get doors off quadrant shower
Trying to dismantle this shower and stuck at the first hurdle, how to get the doors off. In the 1st image, it looks like if I could get the triangular end piece off then the doors would just slide off...
3
3

Whats gas boiler worth?
Any gas fitters that could put a figure on the value of this boiler. Its an Intergas compact wall mounted, open vent 30kw gas boiler. 2 years old with one year warrenty still left. Thinking of selling...
19
19

Christmas Shopping Money Saving Tip
Hi all, I've decided to say "bollocks to Xmas" this year by buying no presents for no one. I might not even send any cards out, either. With the money I thereby save, I plan to treat myself to a...
54
54

Google Chromecast Audio (again)
Bought the Audio Chromecast which arrived, and does exactly what it should, connected to my 1974 purchase amp and speakers. Casts YouTube etc as advertised. Dragging an mp3 to the browser bar plays...
7
7

PowerSafer
I don't know if anyone is mad enough to find this useful, but yesterday I was in the local 99p store and saw a whole shelf of boxes that said "Save the environment". I just purchased the one as it...
11
11

Key for external electricity meter
Our 1980s house has one with a 1/3 inch per side triangular spine inside a 1/2 inch casing. Pliers wont grip the spine. Any ideas where I can get a key please? Pete
10
10

domed shower waste washer
From what I can gather the black rubber washer goes on the underside of the shower tray but, with this particular trap, no other washers are provided, so I assume this is the only seal. I've heard of...
2
2

Patching up a ceiling hole
I had to open up a rectangle in the landing ceiling, to get to a leaking pipe. About 2ft by 10inch. The ceiling was overboarded lath, so had to use my new Aldi multi-saw to cut out a nice clean hole...
10
10

[OT for DIY] The Secret Life of 40-year-olds
Considering the unique, defining feelings and behaviours of life after 40, here is Sali Hughes' list of what would be essential to include were TV producers ever going to commission 'The Secret Life...
16
16