Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for quick/easy to connect terminals
I'm looking for some connectors for connecting bare wires to a power supply. It's low voltage so they don't have to be finger safe (5 volts and 12 volts). Current will probably be up to a few amps...
36
36

Washing machine door won't open
This afternoon an elderly neighbour telephoned to ask for help. Her washing machine door would not open. I know they have electromechanical door locks but haven't got involved with them for many a...
8
8

Scaffolding Boards in the ground.
At our Allotment there is the general attempt by members to place scaffolding boards around the edge of their planting areas and also to lay down plastic sheet covered with wood-chip on the...
8
8

wash bowl on a bathroom worktop....
When I refit bathrooms, I normally fit inset basins into a worktop. and usually set the sink top edge height at 90 to 100cm. So far so good. Now SWMBO has decided on a wash bowl for the ensuite room....
9
9

OT Firefox using lots of memory
I seem to recall a post from Dave Plowman about this a while back. I've used Firefox quite happily for years now but gradually it's been getting slower to load up and it's using huge amounts of...
29
29

British Telcom telephone stamps?
I have found a bundle of these stamps, green printed and unused. I just wondered what their purpose was and do they have any value for cashing in somewhere? The face value is £1 per stamp.
26
26

composite decking
It's time, it seems, to replace my decking. I would guess that it's 15 year s old and the rot has truly set in. The wife never enjoyed painting it with wood treatment/stain every year, especially with...
23
23

OT A10 gun
Came across this. GAU-8 Avenger - Wikipedia
3
3

Temperature Programmable Oven
Hi, Has anyone seen an oven where you can set a temperature program as well as an auto-timer? I'd love to be able to occasionally set my Sunday roast to come on automatically but also give it a 20...
3
3

O/T: Ubuntu questions.
Hello all. I have recently installed Ubuntu 15.10 and after past failed attempts at adopting Ubuntu, this time it is going very well (I'm even considering buying an SSD for the machine). I have some...
50
50

Local B&Q closing
Some items getting cheap and they still accept the old farts card. 900 Rawlplug red UNO for just over £7! Result!
2
2

Question re `no nails` & expanding foam
I have never used either before so a couple of questions. No nails: I am fixing some short battens to a ceiling approx 12 inches long in just one corner of the room, this will be used to screw a 2nd...
11
11

Electro Oil Sterling oil fired boiler won't restart
We have a fairly standard (I think) Electro Oil Sterling oil boiler running a very small (three radiator) CH system on our boat. Last weekend my wife forgot to turn the heating off, as she normally...
10
10

LEDHut - change of courier - anyone else noticed?
Has anyone else done any LEDHut orders recently and recall the courier? My previous LEDHut orders have been delivered by DPD. Latest one has been sent via MyHermes and aborted twice because I was not...
10
10

OT. Truth in Advertising
Starts at 3:15