Subject Author Posted Replies

LED for SMEG Cooker Hood
I have a SMEG cooker hood and would like to replace the 12v 20watt downlights with LEDs to match the colour of other under cupboard lights and to give a longer lamp life. Currently the lamps are fed...
8
8

Confused about door closers...
We want a door closer for our small cloakroom which has an outward opening door. The door closer needs to be on the inside pulling the door closed. We have used one of these in the past but they're a...
30
30

Radio equipment
My hi-fi system dates way back, and is built of separates (1). It includes an FM tuner, and by means of an additional selector can take inputs from TV (2) or computer. There are speakers in all three...
65
65

OT: Mathematical Conundrum II
A bat and a ball together cost 1 pound ten pence and the bat costs one pound more than the ball. How much is the ball?
212
212

Sealant for twinwall polycarb please
I'm planning to build a coldframe. A neighbour on the next allotment built one from twinwall but used Gaff or Duck tape to seal the ends. After a short while, the water got in, followed by algae. I've...
9
9

Leaf blower
Is there such a thing as a good electric leaf blower? I have no other petrol powered machines and have no desire to go that route. Just a few times a year I could do with something to round up a)Wet...
33
33

Poppadoms
Raw, uncooked, flat, smooth, Poddadoms, not the ready-to eat version. The directions say to fry them in hot oil so they expand into the wrinkly, crumbly moonscape that we would all know as a poppadom....
16
16

House collapse. (Copied from UK legal.)
House collapses during retro basement construction. I hope the builder's got good insurance! The blue plaque townhouse in Barnes, west London, which is owned by former CEO David Kassler, was...
23
23

Laying stone shower tray ?
I have just lifted out the old shower tray and although it was layed on weak concrete mix this was straight on to the wooden floorboards, the rest of the floor was tiled on 5 mm ply. When I come to...
3
3

OT Printing envelopes on a Google chromebook.
Has anyone had any experience of printing envelopes on a chromebook?
6
6

Worcs Bosch R40 HE Groaning
Problem when boiler cycles with a shut down I get whoosing/groaing sound. Thought it was the fan but having changed it I've still got the problem. Any ideas ? Rob
4
4

Plug in timer "not suitable for washing machines"?!
I have a digital plug in timer which says on the back, "Not suitable for dishwashers and washing machines". The only reason I can think of is the inductance of the motor. But it's rated at 3.2kW, and...
12
12

How to loosen plastic plumbing connection
It is in an awkward spot under the floor, waste pipe for shower to the underside of the tray. It is the knurled `nut` about 7 cms in diameter. I just dont havent the strength to loosen it, I have one...
5
5

cooker hood venting frustration
Hello, It seems the cooker hood was used in recirculating mode, which does nothing to reduce condensation or humidity. I bought some 204mm channel, thinking it would be brick size and I could simply...
4
4

Paint spray guns
Any one got an experience of using a spray gun for decorating? The outside walls of my house are rendered and covered with tiny stones and I would like to paint them white. They will be very tedious...
4
4