Subject Author Posted Replies

screwfix titan pillar drill
Hello, Has anyone seen Screwfix's own brand Titan pillar drill: It sounds quite good. It has a page and half of glowing reviews, although the last three are very critical, so I don't know which to...
33
33

Switch off but bulbs on(ish) puzzle
I've just replaced 5 33W G9 halogen bulbs in a light fitting with 1W G9 LED bulbs. As I swapped the bulbs one by one all seemed normal until I unplugged the last halogen at which point the other four...
22
22

Apprentice Electrician
If you go to this page: Scroll down and click on figure 5 you will see a depiction of a first year electrical apprentice in a typical working pose. Enjoy....
13
13

[Possibly OT] Landlord's question
We have a rental property which is managed by an agent. Latest missive says that, due to recent legislation: (1) We have to fit suitable smoke and CO alarms (smoke upstairs and downstairs). (2) We...
23
23

How to stiffen loose floorboard.
Situation: This floorboard is at the door entry to the shower room, I have just lifted the old tiles and that one had a crack, now I know why. I will be laying new tiles soon and the problem is that...
8
8

corrugated roofing material
I need to put a car-port-style roof over a chicken yard. It's only about 12foot by 15ft. Can anyone suggest a suitable type of material? This is a windy area. Bill
11
11

Source of floor tiles
I'm after a small quantity of floor tiles following a flood: Pergo Charcoal Slate - Expression Slab 4v .. Product reference 74928-1452.. Dimensions are 328mmx635mm Can't seem to find any online...

Galvo corrugated steel sheet - white powdery bloom
A few weeks back, the local BM delivered me a few sheets of galvo corrugated wriggly tin sheet. When we unloaded 'em and stacked 'em, they were covered with a white powdery bloom. I probably should...
10
10

OT: curious paragraph in the Guardian
"Without a Paris agreement, global warming is set to reach as much as 5C (41F) above pre-industrial levels. Scientists estimate that warming above 2C (35.6F) will result in catastrophic and...
98
98

Bosch cordless drills/drivers
Hello, Some years ago, I bought a Wickes high-torque 15.6V drill. It was the one recommended here by the Medway Handyman, as it had a right angle attachment. Sadly the nicads died and new cells would...
47
47

OT BBC Radio 4 does it's bit of dumbing down
A prog. about Physics the other night included some comments of the work of Feynman. The host made it easy for the listener by saying he was kind of like a "70's/80's "Brian Cox (physicist)". Yes...
19
19

Guy Martin and the Vulcan (slightly OT)
Anyone enjoy that? They interviewed some splendid characters, IMHO. I loved the "accelerated training". Havn't heard any follow-up on the "barrel roll" in the final flight. I do hope the regulators...
3
3

One for David Lang
This link is safe...my own site. http://www.tavi.co.uk/wd40.jpg
11
11

Lithium jump-start packs (slightly OT)
Anyone got any experience with them, or can recommend one? Only for a 1.3 petrol engine plus general use as a mobile supply.
2
2

single channel heating controller
I wish to replace my simple thermostat with a single channel central heating controller. First, look on toolstation as always: This seems to have the main features I would need, but programming looks...
19
19