Subject Author Posted Replies

Volts, amps and electric power supplies/components
Hello All. Is it at all useful (or accurate) to think of volts as being "pushed" aroun d a circuit by the power supply and amps as being "drawn" by the components fed by it? In other words, is it...
93
93

Don't you just have to love Calor Gas?
I came home tonight to a very cold house. The central heating was not running, so nipped out to check the gas tank and it showed half full. Then I noticed that the various regulators and pipe work...
19
19

Another Q on screw fixing external wood cappings
Week before last asked some advice on how to fix Tanalized 50mm thick wood capping onto brick/block wall. (60m of it) Final decision is to fit with Concrete screws .. Frame Screws Managed to get 150mm...
3
3

Xpelair XRH Remote Humidistat stopped working
My Xpelair XRH Remote Humidistat has just stopped working. Just outside the 12 months warranty of course. The thing uses a nylon woven band to sense, and I guess some type of microswitch to activate....
4
4

Thistle one coat plaster re plywood.
Trying to use the products at hand. I have two areas of plywood that I will be attaching showerboard to. The plywood has remnants of old tiling plaster but in some places bare plywood where the tiles...

OT: BT Protect
A bit OT, but is very quiet these days, and I'm sure opinions will be available here. My ISP is I've been with them about 10 months ever since Virgin Media threw me off. Quite happy with them so far,...
16
16

Any rec's for wood glue please.
Good evening to all. My old pot of Cascamite powder is coming to the end of its days. It has done well, probably more than 10 years. I imagine that in that time technology will have moved along a bit....
16
16

I already like the new customer
Just had a "can you do the job before Tuesday?" phonecall. I said I could but it will have to this weekend over two afternoons. Customer then said "Great, do you drink tea of coffee?". I just know I...
18
18

Wireless cordless plug in door bells
I have a doorbell which only rings actually at the front door, and the bell cannot be heard in my office, so I need one of these new-fangled wireless bells! With my previous one (Friedland) the bell...
11
11

OT The Forth Bridge
I think they're over reacting! Just because of a few cracks in the metalwork they've closed the bridge. I sometimes look at a newsgroup populated mostly by Russian engineers. One person, a senior...
91
91

Textured paint
Any recommendations here for a decent textured paint for a ceiling? A relative of mine is looking for a quick way to cover up some relatively minor blemishes on a kitchen ceiling after some pretty...
9
9

Boiler - what did I do?
Never had a house with a boiler before - just coal fires. So Baxi 105 is in a utility room which also has a shower. SWIMBO goes to have a shower at the same time as I try her new toy, a household...
54
54

Problems opening attachments
I have had several recently, which I cannot open. when I try they seems to say that it has embedded macros and does nowt. I have tried download programs for the attachment, but get a warning from my...
19
19

Martindale Re Call EZ150 EZ650
http://martindale-electric.co.uk/safety.php
3
3

OT UKIP dying
A very strong smell of rancid kippers today. I do hope all the usual suspects had a bad nights sleep. LOL
4
4