Subject Author Posted Replies

wall tiling ?
Having measured the height of the wall to be tiled it looks like I will have a gap of 34mm at either the top or bottom of the wall. How would you best deal with this? A narrow cut of tile or some...
19
19

Anyone got a service manual for a Samsung le32b652t4 set?
Plugged in a network cable today from a poe switch and it started smoking. Looked on the board and several SMD transistors near the network socket have fried. I can't see any isolating transformers!
13
13

Bosch AK42 Chainsaw leaking oil when stored.
As the title says, my AK42 looses oil and makes a mess. There was a small foam strip that came away from where I assume the lubricator outlet is, but it did not seem to serve any purpose. Has anyone...
12
12

peat ash in concrete
Hi I'm thinking of putting a small walkway to the door of a garden shed. I have a bin full of peat ash [from peat briquettes] Looking on the net suggests that "fly ash" can be used to replace some of...
8
8

OT Season of goodwill etc
I would rather watch this
2
2

WC Seat Fixing
Noticed daughter's toilet seat was loose. Tried to reach the usual wing-nuts but it is one of those stylich bogs with a sort of skirt that almost goes alls the way back to the wall to make it all look...
14
14

Halogen Hob Glass Surface Melted?
Whilst cooking the Christmas turkey my wife placed the oven tray, containing the turkey and root vegetables in a foil-sealed parcel, upon our Halogen hob. This was a new oven tray. Previously, she.has...
13
13

Makes the apprentices look clever
UK astronaut Tim Peake tweets a light-hearted apology after calling a wrong number from the International Space Station and asking "is this planet Earth?".
10
10

Seasons Greetings!
As title, have a good one.
59
59

Help plumbing pipe connection
How do I connect the waste pipe from the corner unit to the waste pipe? I assume I need a knurled nut to connect at the sink end (can I buy seperately? where?) At the waste pipe, it swivels down to be...
10
10

Lidl LED uplighter went 'pop'
We have a lamp from Lidl, father and child or summat, LED. It has a 24v transformer plug, the missus switched it on yesterday and it made an audible 'pop' and now it doesn't work. The transformer is...
12
12

OT: sad news from David Mackay
The 'honest Green' who realised that renewable energy couldn't cut the mustard and spent a few years at DECC trying to explain Sums And Other Things to Chris Huhne, has terminal cancer. What can one...
2
2

One for Bill Wright
Best coaxial Cable for Sky, Freesat, Freeview
13
13

Glasses for DIY
Changing some light fittings last night made me realise that I need some glasses specifically for DIY. I wear Varifocals, which are perfect for everyday (and for work, when I actually worked) but are...
87
87

Last minute Christmas present - Impact Driver?
Here we are at Christmas Eve and I still haven't told Father Christmas what I'd like tomorrow! I've often wondered about an impact driver. Ever since I bought an SDS drill, I've wondered how I ever...
15
15