Subject Author Posted Replies

0844 numbers
I bought some clothing online, and received an e-mail message giving me the tracking number and link for the shipment, via DXDelivery. I clicked the link, nothing. So I entered the Tracking number and...
78
78

How long does it take a locksmith to open a van with keys locked inside?
An Amazon Logistics delivery van came earlier to deliver a parcel. I noticed that the van was still parked outside, blocking my drive, 30 minutes later. I asked the driver what was the problem, and he...
65
65

Aqualisa shower head problems
Hi All We have an Aqualisa Quartz pumped shower. It's about 9 years old. For those that don't know, it's a pumped system that takes hot and cold feeds from the relevant storage tanks, mixes it within...
2
2

Steam
For those who want information as opposed to idle conjecture. Plant Engineering - Air and non-condensable gases are major problems in a steam system. Both can cause production problems for a steam...
27
27

Steam heating. For the benefit of the brain dead.
In order to heat anything by means of steam, air has to be eliminated from steam vessels and pipes. (Steam air mixtures are at a lower temperature than steam at the same pressure). This is done as the...
11
11

8 Home Remedies For Dry And Dull Hair
8 Home Remedies For Dry And Dull Hair Natural Ways To Reduce That Paunch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STgkkqY3wrU https://youtu.be/STgkkqY3wrU

Ho ho
My wife decided to start the new year by taking me out. Credit where it's due, it was a perfect left hook.
1
1

non-technical question for electricians
I need to get one of these things but don't know the name for it. When you're taking amperage measurements at mains voltages using a clamp or fork meter, you need to separate the line from neutral or...
9
9

Fitting Door handle fixing bolts
OK so what's the trick? The previous owner presumably had the same problem and no matter what I do I can't get the bolt to screw into the other half when in the door and I end up a bit x-threaded -...
12
12

OT(?) Brain dead car manufacturers
Almost time to change the Motability car again. Veering towards a(nother) C4 Grand Picasso. Noticed the SatNav feature we *may* go for requires £149/year subscription to stay updated. Meanwhile, my...
75
75

Sealant for plinth gap?
I have a small 2-3mm gap at one end of a kitchen cupboard to floor plinth - tiler didn't straighten the floor before laying tiles. I'm not going to buy another plinth and I really don't want to use a...
6
6

Digital transmission delays
I checked my always correct MSF controlled wristwatch against my computers internet derived clock and my phones clock, all agreed to a fraction of a second, but Big Ben was late on the TV by ten whole...
53
53

Triple spotlight: bulbs blowing in one of the fittings
Most of my house is lit by ceiling-mounted triple spotlights which use 40W R50 bulbs. Recently, three bulbs in the same position in one particular fitting have blown within a short time of being...
48
48

OT - "Backup for Dummies" - Free
From elsewhere - might be of interest to some here === Download link (needs registration): News source: Acronis is giving away its book "Backup for Dummies" this holiday season. All you need to do is...
4
4

OT 'Forbidden' error message
Not exactly DIY but I'm sure someone here can help. When visiting the web site of a local plant nursery , a site that I've successfully visited several times in the past, I get the error message...
8
8