Subject Author Posted Replies

boiler fan and other boiler questions
Hello, This morning the boiler started making noises. When the fan starts spinning it makes a noise. I don't know how to describe it. A howl is the best I can describe it but that suggests it is loud...
14
14

Whoops
Due to a slight tape measure miscalculation - today I drilled down through a Post Office ceiling and not into the store room at the back of the Post Office:-( I did apologise to the woman in the queue...
30
30

Tiling floor, uneven
Having plyed the shower room floor I now find one section about 1 sq metre is off the level by around 4mm. Too late to level under the ply. Should I level this up with tile cement when tiling or level...
3
3

Canoe, anyone?
(24MB sfw .gif) https://giant.gfycat.com/EarnestEqualAlpinegoat.gif
15
15

OT - How much to remove internal supporting wall.
Definitely not DIY (for me, at least). I'm considering turning our living room and dining room into a big L-shaped room. Open the place up a bit. Does anyone have an idea how much it might cost? The...
15
15

Wired media keyboard
Looks like my trusty Logitech Y-BE22 keyboard (or its no-longer supported software) might be about to fail. I want a full-size wired keyboard, with media keys, and the LH scroll wheel is also pretty...
37
37

Anyone got a video link for refixing loose door frames?
Anyone got a video link for refixing loose door frames? Any amount of hinge stuff on you tube and it was quite annoying ploughing t hrough them especially when the idiot making the video wants to talk...
8
8

Starving pensioners
Just how skinny were the Hatton Garden OAPs I thought the holes they drilled were much larger. BBC News recreates crawling through the holes the burglars used to access the Hatton Garden vault.
10
10

Too good to throw away
Having decided out desktop is no longer needed and it wasn't worth passing on, I decided that the case would take up less room in the bin if I stripped the innards out and flattened it.......... I was...
43
43

Heating System Puzzle
I went to look at a flat's heating system yesterday, which I had been told was not working properly. It was already known that the wiring was f.....d up. None of this was due to me, but it is up to me...
59
59

Looking to buy SDS dril
I don't own an SDS drill ... and thinking its time I got one. I want corded 220V not battery ......... currently don't envisage using as a breaker, but might as well have with rotation stop. I...
38
38

Intruder Alarm Recommendations?
Hi all, Really need to get around to installing a new burglar alarm. Don't want to get involved with service contracts and installers, so what's the best DIY options out there at present? ta.
14
14

15mm Plasterboard
I recently discovered my daughters new build was dry lined with 15mm PB, ne ver having coming across this I checked out the British Gypsum site and sur e enough it is available. Whilst reading the...
6
6

Feeling cold - got a Nest Thermostat ?
A software bug that caused Nest's smart thermostat to stop working has left many users both cold and angry. A software problem with smart thermostat Nest has angered users and left them with cold...
13
13

Condensing boiler temperature setting
Has anyone got any thoughts on the correct setting for the temperature dial on a condensing boiler please? Its only marked MAX and MIN and has always been left on MAX since it was installed a few...
17
17