Subject Author Posted Replies

Conservatory woes
We had a new conservatory built last year, *finally* finished just before Xmas. It leaks. It's built into an inside corner (SE facing) of the house, replacing an old not-airtight lean-to conservatory...
3
3

Ping TNP: Gridwatch down
Looks like a routing issue. [me@linuxbox ~]$ traceroute traceroute to (185.113.128.151), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets 1 (192.168.1.1) 0.924 ms 1.322 ms 1.824 ms 2 (195.166.130.206) 26.222 ms 26.643 ms...
6
6

Fuse size
Any tables around for selecting fuse sizes? Specifically, on the mains side of a 30vA 15v toroidal transformer. Presumably anti-surge, but any other fiddle factor required?
19
19

Keep NewsGroups Alive
Keep NewsGroups Alive and Active
40
40

Electric shower - repair or replace?
We have a Triton T80xr 10.5kW shower that's about 4 years old maybe. It's used twice daily and has performed brilliantly up to now but one of the heating elements has blown so either a new heater can...
59
59

With gas being so cheap.....
I am presently paying 13.30p per kwh for electricity and 3.15p kwh for gas. With the per kwh difference being so large, I am surprised no one has suggested a home generator running on gas, as at least...
36
36

OT Europe & You toilet paper
Just had some real junk mail. Europe & You pro EUSSR newspaper. Not a whisper about immigration or rapists. All about how we send £300/year/household to EU & get back £3000?????!! !! The whole...
1
1

screw through clips: u clips, spire clips?
Hello, I am looking for something but do not know what it is called. It is a clip that you attach to one sheet of metal and then screw into a hole in that clip, through another sheet of metal, holding...
37
37

Hey diddle diddle
Hey diddle diddle The cat did a widdle All over the kitchen floor. The little dog laughed to see such fun So the cat did a little bit more The answer Watch their product video as well. Amazing.
2
2

Painting custom made bathroom units
Hello All, In my bathroom refurbishment plan I am looking for a vanity unity and conce aled-cistern WC unit, with a counter-top going over the lot. Although there are plenty of commercial suites...
2
2

eon 1 year fix v18
For me (East Midlands region) the gas is marginally cheaper than the eon MSE collective tariff (2.756p vs 2.859p) and the electricity is marginally more expensive (9.979p vs 9.450p) standing charges,...
3
3

Doorbell/chimes suggestions
I wouldn't consider myself a doorbell expert, just someone that knows how the wired systems work. If you run the devices on batteries, you'll get missed calls. It's kinda obvious. Mains power is far...
26
26

Beer brewing
I've not actually seen this as a topic here, but some years back I asked yo u's all about home bread making and got reams of advice, so I'mm fairly con fident that there are some closet brewers here...
7
7

Condensation in a chimney
We've got an old chimney in our kitchen. The bottom has been removed, and the stack is held up on an RSJ. It's lined with what look like ceramic drain pipes. At the top used to be a cowl, but as it...
12
12

OT - Help requested in rescuing data from a corrupted Widows disk
En el artículo , Chris B escribió: Try running TestDisk on it ( to see what it finds. It won't write anything back to the disk unless you explicitly tell it to. Have to say I'm very surprised that...
26
26