Subject Author Posted Replies

Crescent washer under monobloc tap is bending.
Can anyone help me with suggestions for this problem? The tap goes through a hole in the kitchen worktop, it has two soft copper pipes that screw into the underside of the monobloc and a threaded rod...
3
3

I hope that the TV I installed today does not fall off the wall
And I had to run CAT 6 from it to the middle of the building. http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/6e/Tvdbs.jpg
3
3

Source of flexible cable for soldering iron?
HI Folks Somebody must make / stock this stuff, but I've not been able to locate an online supplier. Got a loverly new temp-controlled soldering iron (Hakko 610, if you're interested) for the...
16
16

OT You can imagine this happening here too.
Migrants get priority care over locals. ASYLUM seekers in Austria are being given priority medical care ahead of nationals - to keep expensive translators in its hospitals and surgeries busy.
17
17

Well I've never seen that before....
Yes, that tumble dryer is actually on and running. Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!...
25
25

Rejuvinating faded colour photos
I have 2 colour photos that have badly faded over time. Sadly I have lost the negatives. I would dearly love to get the colour back. I can scan the existing photos into my computer, any suggestion as...
35
35

Bending of a beam
According to Superbeam 4, a uniformly distributed load is giving a higher deflection than the same load as a point load dead centre. That doesn't seem right??? 50x150mm C16 timber, span 2.8m supported...
22
22

How to clean sash windows?
Does anyone have a good way of cleaning high sash windows? Do magnetic cleaners work well? Any other method been tried? I know it should be possible to do this by pulling the windows up and down. But...
22
22

Gas explosions. (For the brain dead)
They also need to have no sense of smell not to notice any leak. (more common than you might think) There was a famous one not far from me where a DIY gas CH installation on bottled gas went up...
26
26

Make a shiny PVC surface matt?
I covered up our nasty artex ceiling with some tongue-and-groove PVC cladding. It's not brilliant, but it was an easy way of hiding what was there (which was truly awful), and I'm happy with it. I'd...
7
7

9448 alarm issue
I just moved in to a property that has the 9448 alarm installed. It seems t o be working properly, arming the alarm when leaving, but when re-entering the house, I have basically no time to disarm the...
2
2

; TOT; Piggin passwords
I've used the same password for years, nobody has a hope in hell of ever guessing it. I can remember it. Recently some site insist on having numbers as well, so I've had to add one. Now the bloody...
166
166

First concrete 3d printed building?
Started with a Rep-Rap and a `model` castle and is moving forward impressively, actual machine building things rather than just renderings http://www.totalkustom.com/3d-castle-completed.html The...
2
2

Superbeam - non uniform beams
Is there a way in Superbeam to handle non uniform beams: eg a nominal 4x2" with another 4x2" bonded to the top with glue and screws for about half the length? None of this is critical, but I am...

Why would a coffee maker switch iteself off
I bought a £10 Tesco coffee machine in November, which uses an electronic on/off push button, rather than a mechanical switch. I'm the only coffee drinker here and make myself two coffees, drink one...
8
8