Subject Author Posted Replies

Apprentice at it again
Working on an extension. He said he needed a piss and asked where the toilet was. I replied in the front garden. The front garden is not that big. So he had a piss IN the front garden BEHIND the...
12
12

Flat roof replacement cost
Pieces of string, etc....but..... What would be a reasonable price to replace the covering on a flat roof and what would be the best material? The roof is roughly 10' by 10' on a single storey...
16
16

If Toolstation can do it why can't others?
I just had a minor problem with a Toolstation delivery, 90% my fault as the goods were delivered to the address I requested but I wasn't there (they were a bit earlier than predicted) and though there...
16
16

Cheap mobiles
Wifey and son were in Tesco yesterday, and found Nokia mobiles in the clearance aisle at £1.25 each, so bought two as spares or backups. Ordinary phones, PAYG, but hard to beat at that price. Whether...
5
5

Repairing cracks in tile grouting
We have two en suite bathrooms, either side of the central wall in the house, and on the roof above is a large Victorian four pot chimney. The bathrooms were installed around thirty years ago, so the...
4
4

Combi timer back-up battery
Typically, how long could I reasonably expect the back-up battery in the timer of a combi boiler to keep working? In my case it's a Baxi boiler with a Grasslin timer, if that makes a difference. I...
4
4

Hikvison playback
I think some people here have hickvison NVRs so I wonder if anyone has resolved a problem I have with the playback. I have one camera looking at a parking area where there are several cars, the...
2
2

Lighting replacement...
After a high electricity bill from her previous tenant (who no doubt used a 3kw fan heater to compensate for a weak radiator) the landlady of my new place - I am a lodger - is insisting that I...
17
17

Why don't they make trucks aerodynamic from the sides?
A lot of trucks (eg a Parcel Force truck) doesn't need the full width at the top. Can't they make them curved like cars so high winds don't blow them over?
3
3

'Backfeeding' a PIR
Having put a PIR on an outside light, it would be convenient to be able to switch it on manually. The usual switching pattern doesn't keep it on and initial On gives 5s. Now, if I had a 2-gang plate...
13
13

CFL lamps in a run of lights
I have 9 16W Astro CFL bulkhead lights outside my bungalow containing TC-DD lamps. There is an intermittent problem in which one or more of the lamps fails to light. I don't think it can be due to the...
10
10

FYI Saxton offer
FYI http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=61
10
10

Big girls blouse
A builder, probably Bobbette not Bob, has got the willies after discovering a Ouija Board behind an air vent he was removing. finding-behind-7286247 I've lost more things behind walls, than I've ever...
6
6

15mm pipe 1/2" BSP tap conector won't fit Grohe tap
Recently bought Grohe replacement taps (single H & C taps). Original copper pipework in c. 12 year old new-build house. Rigid 15mm copper pipes coming up to traditional rigid tap connectors with 1/2"...

Dishwashers - Best Buy
We have a Hotpoint semi built in dishwasher which after a couple of repairs now has a failed programmer. It is about 10 years old. Its replacement might, or might not be included in a kitchen refurb....
38
38