Subject Author Posted Replies

old mowers
I've been tasked with clearing out some old sheds and one contains half a dozen old mowers, two of them look interesting they are Dennis 30" cylinder mowers with large side valve engines and aluminium...
11
11

Moving fridge freezer - and what brands are good?
Hi all, Looking to kit out an unfurnished house in the near future - tempted to find stuff on Gumtree or similar but a fridge freezer seems a bit much to get in the back of my mondeo? Are they...
14
14

B&Q quality of wood
Needing one piece of timber fairly quickly and to avoid a time consuming journey via the traffic jam to my usual supplier I went to the local B&Q. I have never seen so much planed wood with so many...
3
3

[OT] Is Curry's as crap as it used to be or is it now fantastic?
I don't normally shop at Curry's but they have a big range and I'm tempted to get a fridge-freezer from there. I checked their customer ratings and the first two review sites gave utterly different...
31
31

cameras on lamp-posts?
Near me are a couple of lamp-posts on opposite sides of the road (busy estate) which have some sort of camera device aiming at the oncoming traffic. There are no additional boxes on the posts. The...
29
29

thin walled 19mm socket?
Hi, my standard 19mm socket will not fit the hole on the flywheel to tighten the nut up. I broke the two I ground to fit the hole before the required torque was applied. Can anyone point me to a...
18
18

New drill or batteries?
My 18V Makita combi is now 6 years old and I've noticed that the batteries aren't doing much, then recharging seems quick (haven't timed them). They're the 1.3Ah NiCads, so have done quite well I...
20
20

Cheap wireless stat...
..to control a Myson kickspace heater. Can anyone suggest one? It's not going to be possible to run a wire from the existing heater to a suitable point for a wall stat. Wireless range doesn't need to...
4
4

Kitchen media unit
At this point I may start looking for a DIY solution for dementia........
3
3

Rack/shelf for shower accessories ?
Just finished the shower enclosure 900 x 900. Glass panels and sliding doors on 2 sides (corner entry) I need something to hold the soap and some shampoo bottles. I dont want to screw anything on to...
3
3

Gas Detector recs please
The first question my wife asked in the aftermath of the awful gas explosion earlier was "Have we got a GD in the house?" We live in an old 2-up-2-down terrace. In the (extended) kitchen, there's a...
35
35

Wind and windows
We have bog standard uPVC DG, and when the wind gets up, as it often does, I can't help but go around shutting all the windows as the noise unnerves me. What sort of wind can an open window cope with?
7
7

Accidental mould inhibition
As I had to drain the house down when we were away over Xmas, all the toilets and cisterns were loaded with anti freeze. One of the toilets which grew mould at 10 day intervals has now been mould free...
8
8

Connecting rainwater downpipe to an inspection chamber
For several reasons, the only way to deal with my blocked soakaway is to sneakily connect the rainwater downpipe into an adjacent inspection chamber. Three questions: 1 - The chamber is rectangular...
13
13

Re: OT Overhead power wires....
jim scribbled You call the Lecci campany.
17
17