Subject Author Posted Replies

Help! shower seal
Thought it would be an easy day fitting the shower enclosure only to discover the fixed panel of the enclosure, the panel that attaches to the wall is not placed correctly in the vertival trim, it...
2
2

Solar powered toy/mobile
My mother gave us a solar powered mobile when our daughter was born. Originally table/desk mounted, I slightly converted it and screwed it to the ceiling above our kitchen table (that's the DIY bit)....
9
9

What tool to cope with this large clip (auto)
Anyone know what tool is called to do/undo these type of hose clips (VW)? Have tried the usual, pliers long-nosed everything I have, circlip pliers not big enough etc. The hose is about 3" diam so...
15
15

Best tool (hire?) to put hole for fan in wall ?
Want to fit an extractor fan in the corner bedroom which has an external wall. Last but one time I needed to punch a hole in a wall, I drilled loads of smaller holes around a circle, and hit it with a...
14
14

3D printing in the real world
More information on the 3d printing video here , and here .
1
1

Drop handle springs
Are drop handle springs universal? I mean, do different makes of drop handles generally use similar springs?
10
10

Waste Pipe Sizes
I know psuhfit and solvent weld are different OD's for the same nominal size. What are the actual pipe OD's for pushfit and solvent weld? (32, 40 and 50 mm nominal)? The installed "40 mm" 1 1/2" push...
4
4

Angle grinder to the rescue
Firemen from the Spanish town of Dénia, in Alicante, enjoyed an entertaining shout last week when they were called to remove four steel rings from the base of an unfortunate chap's todger.
24
24

shower isolator switches
Hello, I am thinking of installing an electric shower as a back-up to the combi boiler. I have talked about this before but not got round to it! Can anyone tell me what are the rules regarding shower...
2
2

New nuclear cement
Report of a "new" cement that will help in storing nuclear waste 50% better than previously proposed barrier solutions. Wonderful! Long-term cement study seeks nuclear waste solution "Their optimum...
6
6

Do NOT do this!
Shove a baking potato into the microwave oven. It's the healthy option, better than chips. Try to set the warp drive power and the timer, but you don't understand how to do it but hope for the best....
28
28

TRV won't allow flow, flow OK without TRV head.
I'd like to avoid calling the plumbers back if I can. Last week we had two stuck-shut TRVs replaced, the new ones are marked Bulldog gen2. We were looking forward to being warm again but alas, twas...
13
13

draughts behind the drywall
Hi all, My house was built in 2002 with a raised ground floor, air bricks every two meters and dot and dab dry lining throughout. The loft was "ready convert ed" with two rooms upstairs and a full...
18
18

Safety regulations, For the benefit of the brain dead.
When a safety issue is identified, often a new regulation is devised. Almost always it is not retrospective. This seems to lead the brain dead here to think that just because they see something, that...
16
16

Jailed for illegal electrical work
In Ireland, not here: An unregistered electrician has become the first person to be jailed in Ireland for carrying out dangerous and illegal electrical work. ... He handed down a three-month sentence...
1
1