Subject Author Posted Replies

should DIY be a green cause
In the interests of the conservation of materials and energy, should not DIY, especially the repair of goods, be a priority for the environmental movement? Bill
98
98

Shower silicone
I have a cast stone shower tray, that has a leak somewhere around its perimeter (2 sides are Respatex) So intend to reseal ........... what is best wisdom - cut the top 10mm off, give it a good clean...
1
1

bathroom fittings
A friend has recently moved and has some problems with some bathroom fittings. Can anyone identify the maker of basin/bath taps shown in the first two photographs? If you are thinking of installing...

Felt roof repair compound
As with anything where the application has not been tested and documented by the manufacturer you'll just have to do it and report back in few years whether it worked. Bill
3
3

Vodaphone strange!
Some months ago, Vodaphone re-jigged their website. Security is improved! by sending a text with a number to enter into a box. Logged in OK earlier but could not find a way of downloading my bill via...
6
6

Travel insurance
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/pre-existing-travel-insurance#serious
4
4

OT: weevils in flour
shake all flour through fine one of these, not sieve with rotating doover(it might mash them( Redirect Notice Redirect Notice Redirect Notice Redirect Notice
10
10

RS Compenents.
I order up two things from RS over the weekend. One essential for the job, the other desirable. Both in stock and to be delivered the next working day. Which I assumed to be Tuesday. On Monday, get an...
8
8

SDS drill
The Bosch GBH 2-20D is on a special offer today at Amazon for £78. That's a slight reduction compared to other places. Is this a sensible purchase? I just want a corded SDS+ drill, with safety clutch...
6
6

OT, Using frozen veg then re freezing after cooking?
Hi all, In my efforts to eat more healthily I am making Stews and soups. I make a Stew in my slow cooker, using meat like Beef Brisket and cook it very slow and get good results, I tend to cook a...
17
17

VAT
coming off solar panels and home insulation stick that in your pipe turnip ritytwat
1
1

OT: Leaving Virginmedia...
I will shortly be moving house after almost 15 years of Virgin (formerly NTL) services. Unfortunately the new address is not served by Virgin so I will be unable to keep subscribing to their services....
19
19

Just pondering - old soakaways
I've just been up a scaffold tower to unblock the downpipe from the guttering (again). The North side of the house roof grows these green moss slugs which then tumble down and block the guttering....
13
13

OT: Steering wheel
Where do you put your hands on the steering wheel when driving? I noticed one person at the 10 to 2 position (oh dear), then everyone else seemed to have just their right hand on the wheel, but near...
13
13

New BT Phone scam!!!
Had two of them already today purporting to be from BT usual spiel "have you a PC are you in front of it?" etc. Just told him to do something physically impossible with himself!.
31
31