Subject Author Posted Replies

The Queensland Handyman
A tradesman pulled over by police in a luxury sports car has more than $590m in the bank but is not "at liberty" to say how he got it, a Brisbane court has heard. Phillip Johnathan Harrison was...
3
3

Removing oil from a cat
I guess the daft sod slept under a car Any suggestions or just leave it? http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/62/Oilcat.jpg
47
47

Skinning a cat -- a related issue
The expression as used in my family has always been 'There's more ways to kill a cat than choking it with lard'. Bill
2
2

53 million Smart Meters?
"The British government has committed to getting 53 million smart meters into our homes and small businesses by the end of 2020, at an estimated cost of £11bn." Hum, 53 million by end 2020. Finished...
66
66

Repairing rotten barge board ends
A while ago I noticed that the end of one of the barge boards looked a bit sick - had a good look at it today and for a few inches near the end it's soft enough to poke a screwdriver through. The rest...
1
1

moss and other things on paths
I continually get this every winter in one place where the concrete is more pebbly, and hence rougher, and was wondering if there was something we could put on it to stop it. I'll probably need to...
8
8

Screwfix - new branch.
Incidentally, they are called Screwfix City. So perhaps a new approach - like Sainsbury Local?
3
3

2 technical terms? one roofing , one brickwork
I've given up google imaging as not found an example in any pic. In lead dressing of roofs , the term for where you join two lead sheets, in the vertical or roof-slope plane , making specific cuts in...
6
6

Li** battery thoughts and testing.
Hi all, As I know some here are into RC electric flight and other battery powered kit like power tools ... A friend has asked me to have a look at an electric scooter that apparently runs on 36 volts...
11
11

OT New initiative to get people to exercise.
http://videos.videopress.com/YpRaDiVP/how-to-get-people-to-exercise_hd.mp4
3
3

OT Some real German nutters
For Brian's benefit. German nutters on the autobahn. Audi + motorbikes. Autor: @nettolucciano Filmed in 2011 - Brazilian Road AUDI R8 V10 - Tuned with ECU, TCU, Exhaust and Filter - 600 HP SUZUKI...
1
1

Energy costs.
Came across this:- Supposedly automatically changes your energy supplier to the cheapest one every time there is/are a price changes in the market. Any thoughts? We find your best gas and electricity...
45
45

This was not the living wage idea at all B/Q!
Don't use living wage as excuse to cut pay & benefits Kevin Smith United Kingdom I have worked for B&Q for over 5 years, I started in the business working as a part time customer advisor and have...
60
60

So long longannet
Generating for the last time today ...
2
2

Wiring an alarm
We have a small shop unit attached to the house, with separate mains electricity supply, and an alarm. The incoming mains is interesting. The incoming mains feeds through a sealed fuse unit, then the...
2
2