Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: A mouldy death in Rochdale
When I once moved into a flat like that, I bleached the walls down, aired the place out and ensured it then had adequate ventilation by simply opening the windows from time to time. Result? Mould...
46
46

OT - TSA keys and pre-TSA locks?
Background: I have inherited some luggage which is "venerable" but of good quality. I have read on line that there are 7 types of TSA keys, and the locks should show a number which indicates which of...
9
9

Impact driver
As we seem to have several users reading.. What are my chances of my 1.5Ah BL1815G batteries fitting the current offer *body only* Makita 190Z. Any issues with load control electronics?
21
21

UPS rant
I don't get stuff via UPS very often, but last time I registered with their "my choice" app, which involves them physically posting you a code to verify your address, I set a username, an email...
10
10

HSBC rant
I wanted to increase my credit card limit. I went into online banking, followed the instructions, and signed up for credit limit increase offers by e-mail. That was 6 months ago. I repeated the...
67
67

RJ45 in-line coupler
I am wondering: if I use one of these to extend my ethernet connection (well within the 100 metre limit) will it have any material effect on speed? Asking the question of Mr Google produces mixed...
11
11

OT: fabric conditioner
I sort of know that some fabrics don't want fabric conditioner e.g towels so they stay absorbent, microfibre dusters because it stops their "scratchy" fibres catching the dust, materials with special...
7
7

2-way lighting circuit
Hi, Re: is the 1st Fig.1 not recommended but you should use the 2nd Fig.1? The first fig only needs one conductor per switch terminal. The 2nd requires two instances of 2 conductors in a terminal.
11
11

Sticking Door Mystery
Our house came with an old solid wood front door that even after many years of shaving off the edge likes to stick when the wet winter weather arrives. So the vertical side edge with the lock...
5
5

New regs for electromagnetic radiation today
I was noting that Today, all Radio hams, and indeed anyone who sends out transmissions from Long wave to whatever have to comply with the fact that members of the public cannot be subjected to more...
18
18

40inch 4k smart tv
why have JVS smart TVs changed from fire and Alexi to android ask google ? ....
10
10

The oil filter quagmire
It should be simple to buy an oil filter for the FS481V engine in the mower, but it needs a crap filter to work out which oil filters are/aren't any good. I was nearly caught by the use of the word...
10
10

SDS chuck conversion
Gentlemen, I got this Makita SDS+ drill a while ago and it does what it claims to do, but is somewhat limited in that it can only accept SDS bits. It would be really useful if it could be adapted to...
29
29

Electric drills, bits and mistakes
TLDR: Go to ** A couple of years back I saw and bought an Aldi Workzone 14.4v Lithium-Ion cordless hammer drill WCHD 14.3-3. It seemed a good buy for my modest and occasional needs. I also bought a...
22
22

Wiring and their colours
Hi All, Sorry about subject clarity. I've eventually got an urge to finish off the re-wiring of a 2nd home. All of the rings are in (first fix) and I'm thinking about the lights. Kitchen circuits...
22
22