Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Linux video crash help please.
Hi all, So, today I assembled a new PC on behalf of a family member with the intention of them running Linux with Windows for 'Windows things'. W10 (64b) installed and found all it's drivers ok and...
22
22

OT: Disingenuous, to say the least.
Anyone had this yet? Microsoft kindly delivers me this popup when I launched IE. It purports to stop home page and search engine hijacking, but the default is to hijack my carefully chosen home page...
27
27

Re: the EU and referendums
whose last column in the Guardian was as long ago as Aug 2008; who is fed up that nobody nowadays even knows who he is any more, never mind listens to what he has to say; and who has made a really...
25
25

3.5mm jack plugs and 7:1 audio
[I think I'm answering most of my questions as I work through the description, but would still like to check my understanding.] I'm trying to put together a home audio system based around a Home...
40
40

OT Dutch referendum
Farage on good form. http://www.ukipmeps.org | http://www.ukip.org/join • European Parliament, Strasbourg, 13 April 2016 • Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP),...

Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records
Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because "it was a lot cheaper than tiles". Mike Johnson came up with the idea after...
22
22

OT: Ebay history.
Is there a way of looking up what an item made on Ebay in the past?
5
5

Toolguard VCI
Is it possible to re-charge these ? For protecting tools in confined spaces such as cupboards and tool boxes against the damaging effects of damp and condensation; each Tool Guard pad starts emitting...
7
7

Making a door from utility area into garage
When we modernise my late mother's bungalow, we would like to make a door from a utility area / lobby into the garage, which currently only has external access through a standard up-and-over door. I'm...
1
1

Lidl DiY stuff
From Monday 18 April. Includes electric saw and blades and portable electric compressor. Also sports bras for those of the female persuasion.
3
3

OT - Email archiving...
I will shortly be losing access to my online e-mail address provider. Can anyone suggest a suitable reliable method of downloading all of the accumulated e-mails for safe offline storage that will...
5
5

Mouse advice please
We are looking after a friend's house and it has a mouse infestation. At the moment we are trying poison - empty house so no problem with kids or pets. However, after the short term fix (if it works)...
39
39

Worcester Bosch Boiler repairs
offers same day boiler repairs at an affordable covered London, Surrey and Kent. Experienced boiler repair engineer who worked for Worcester Bosch boiler manufacturer.Over the years thousands of...
11
11

jump starter battery
Hello, A few years ago I bought one of those portable jump starters in a sale from Maplin. I think it was this one: It never got used for jump starting, nor for anything else for that matter, and...
67
67

Zone valve question
My mum and dad had no heating last week, but they did have hot water, so I went to see if I could fix it. Their CH is a bit strange, I think. They have no main room thermostat, but each radiator has a...
9
9