118mm halogen flood LED replacement?

HK can be quicker than you might think.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Agreed if lucky it can be 2-3 days, but when unlucky can be over a month.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah, my eyes skipped a bit.

Reply to
Andy Burns

En el artículo , Andy Burns escribió:

Nice snipping of contect there.

Try re-reading the sentence "I needed to get the light working again asap, so got a 240W replacement from the local DIY shop as a stopgap"

then sign up for classes in remedial English.

The 240W replacement I'll keep and use elsewhere if the LED is ok.

Will report back on the LED replacement. I'm not expecting anything great, but it illuminates a fairly small area so may be ok. I won't know until I try it, will I?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher escribió:

I've had loads from China and Hk eBay sellers. Quickest was under a week. Slowest was 3 months, after the seller had sent and I had received a replacement. But that was to an address in the Canaries, so I'm more inclined to blame Correos de España for that :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I buy a fair few electronic components from the far east, so small packet stuff, and it generally takes three weeks or so if 'free' postage.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)