Subject Author Posted Replies

Priming Drywall
Following a recent roof leak, and a damaged lath/plaster internal wall, I've decided to have a go at plasterboard/tape/jointing compound. It's only a 1m x 2.4m (wxh) section, and the board's up. Could...
6
6

Amazon sunday delivery
I pre-ordered a book a couple of months ago which became available a couple of days ago. This a.m. there was a mail saying they were going to deliver today (Sunday). I didn't see the mail until a bit...
2
2

Tracking Cats
Some Ebay listings suggesting GPS are not trackers or GPS. If you need a PAYG SIM where the credit doesn't run out until you use it try GiffGaff (basic PAYG and NOT the goody or data bags options -...
12
12

Hanging a top-hinged window
I have to hang a wooden window casement. Is that the right word for the part of the window that opens and closes? This one is top hinged, and I think it's quite hard to do on my own. Essentially, the...
10
10

Tumble dryer condensor box in loft
My brother recently asked me to take a look at his bathroom ventilation as it didn't seem to be working very well. He has 2 light/vents fitted above the shower which are each attached to in- line...
7
7

Lawnmower electric motor problems
I have a Wolf-Garten lawnmower with a 1600W electric motor. A couple of years ago the motor would not rotate and just gave a loud hum on trying to start. It was checked by the service agents...

OT: Ebay surcharges on a US purchase
I've recently won an item from a US seller for $40 and in addition to the postage charges, there is an amount referred to as "Charges" of $8.20 . There is a warning on the listing that there may be...
25
25

Cats
Never forget they have sharp claws. Just rescued one (trapped in a snare) and thats the thanks I get File:Tick.jpg - DIYWiki
11
11

Freehold
Has anyone bought their freehold? My shop is leasehold, I pay 57p every 6 months and the bill always includes a letter reminding me that if I want to break wind, I need to ask them first and enclose a...
50
50

Joists on purlin tip, something needed in between to spred the load?
my new flat roof joists are going to sit on the purlin, but it seems wrong to have them sitting on the point at the top, so should I make pieces of wood to sit in between and spread the load, how to...
17
17

Small dehumidifier
Is there a dehumidifier available which will fit underneath standard kitchen units, so about 5" high? Cheers
6
6

Honeywell hzm-855 pxa PTZ CAMERA
I've been supplied with a ptz dome camera ostensibly as a very visible dumm y but apparently it was working until its removal. Sadly by the chop the wi res off method. Sticking out of the bracket are...
2
2

OT - Car Specifications
What a load of drivel.
129
129

OT (again): Rats
What's professional strength about it? Its exactly the same strength as the stuff you can buy in B&Q.
10
10

Problem with Mozilla
this morning I cannot delete any messages from the in box of one of my several email addresses. Any ideas please? I have tried reloading to no avail.
2
2