Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Message from Ancestry.com
"Hi, you have 5 new hints." "Our hint system is temporarily offline. During this time, hint notifications may not appear and existing hints may be inaccessible. We thank you for your patience while we...
11
11

OT: How long to build a soyuz rocket for the ISS?
Going by launches, not that long. Soyuz Data Sheet
2
2

What does this mean?
The word is commonly used to mean cleaning/minor repairs in Yorkshire. A "fettler" is a tradesperson who cleans up castings after they have been turned out of the mould.
34
34

OT: Graphics card for gaming
They all say that. He'll have plenty. Bill
21
21

Just having a ponder...
Being a once decent DIY group, if someone asked for advice about near anything related, they'd get a reasonably consistent set of answers. Plenty of debate about the dotting of 'I's, etc, but...
39
39

conservatory too hot?
What temperature would a conservatory need to reach for the structure to inrcur heat damage. (Talking plastic not wood or aluminium) What would be the nature of such damage if it occured ?
3
3

OT:Newsserver/Astraweb
Hi, Does anyone here use Astraweb? I haven't ben able to get any postings for last 2-3 days and the Members area on their website seems unavailable as well. I have found an IP address (91.208.207.39)...
2
2

Ping TMH (Patio canopies)
Riverside Cottage 5... Some years ago, in a fit of excess funds, my sister had a patio canopy installed. Now considered redundant! 3m wide and mounted on 75mm box section steel uprights through patio...
43
43

This must be crap, right?
99p delivered for a 1 foot magnetic bit holder. It must be crap? :) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300mm-EXTRA-LONG-REACH-Magnetic-Screwdriver-Bit-Hex-Adaptor-Power-Bit-Extension-/322153636436
13
13

OT: A straightforward question for outers
A straightforward question Agreed: The UK is an attractive destination for East European EU migrants There are thousands already here. Agreed: Its possible to argue that the UK is already overcrowded...
27
27

Access to BS docs
I was rather disappointed the other day to find out that Essex libraries have stopped subscribing to the BSOL web site for BS documents. Hence no ability to get easy access to copies of standards any...
4
4

Five lever lock matters
I fitted two five lever mortise locks on the front door of a friend who lives 130 miles from me, one a sashlock and one a deadlock, both by ERA and keyed alike. I now find that she no longer trusts...
12
12

2.4GHz video sending
I recently fitted a reversing camera and screen to the people carrier. The idea was to use wireless coupling between camera and screen. It failed, as the wireless range was in the region of 10 ft in...
7
7

The worlds most affordable TV wall mount
Holds 10 kgs for a quid! Yes, just a quid. Hurry while we still have an economy that can produce, distribute and sell such marvels!!! Probably better suited for small PC monitor use - those that has...
3
3

ToolSatan/Screwfix - no insulation washers?
Like those ^^ I've been through the website several times and used google against them. Are they called something else? I find it really hard to believe they don't sell them?
2
2