Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: the triumvirate
Inspired by the Commando Monument near Spean Bridge I think the time has come to build a similar monument and erect it in a prominent public place. Just like the Commandos the three figures would be...
14
14

Turkeys
Pretty much all of you!
1
1

OT: another windows / office 2003 oddity
Using some flavour of Windows today. Probably 7 since it was helpfully asking me to allow it up upgrade to 10. And using Office 2003. The machine was set with the UK locale and so had UK-style dates...
2
2

Aldi 18v Li Ion circular saw
Sorry to post a power tool review on this EU discussion group. Aldi had the above on sale last week @ £69:99. 150mm circular saw, parallel guide, 1 hour charger, 24 tooth TCT blade, decent carry case...
1
1

A long night.
After a long night at the counting, I put a bunch of balloons and bunting on the large "VOTE LEAVE" sign outside my house. Got to bed at 0500. Big majority here, 60/40, in favour of leaving. Lots of...
2
2

OT: Post traumatic stress disorder
There was this fat ugly tattooed slag on the telly, a resident of Birstall. "My daughter's boyfriend saw it, he saw it with his own eyes! He might be traumatised!" You could see the pound signs in her...
68
68

OT: BSOD & PC PSU
And whether using air or vacuum, hold the fans still. Easy to overspeed them.
18
18

Smart Meter IHD -Secure
Perhaps I'm missing something here, but.... The display which goes inside your home, is there any way to adjust the full scale values? For instance... Boiler runs at around 21Kw when heating the tank...
1
1

Did some DIY
I've been pondering changing the ceiling lights in my mother's kitchen go something with a bit more oomph as her assortment of ancient BHS 60W reflector spotlights wasn't really cutting it,...
3
3

Strengthening a tree branch
Hi All, We bought my daughter a hanging chair/ hammock thing for her birthday. We have a large cedar tree in the middle of the garden and I thought it might be nice to hang it from that. I have been...
4
4

Name for design of handle ?
SWMBO is having terrible problems with wheelchair footplates and brakes. When the brakes are engaged, the footplates cannot be swung away, which is a PITA Last week, we were shown a design of brake...
3
3

Problem with Mozilla Thunderbird
Suddenly I am unable to delete file in my "In Box" on some of my email addresses. I have had a good look at the settings and can find nothing amiss, any suggestions please?
10
10

Re: W10 Pro vs Home; worth it? - Xpost
Gah! Forgot to X-Post it! > Dave R
1
1

Dead CH thermostat - time for a new one
I have used a Honeywell CM927 for the last 10 years, and apart from the receiver unit that died last year everything has worked as it should. The CM927 is now dead - well, it freezes every couple of...
5
5

OT: European stock markets fall faster than UK...
Oh dear oh dear. The wheels are coming off the EU gravy train. They are losing control of this...
9
9