Subject Author Posted Replies

Paint for laminated doors
I've got 6 fairly large (2.4m x 0.5m) laminated chipboard doors that need painting. At the moment, they're painted with what seems to be emulsion - it scrapes off quite easily. It's mid-green matt,...
3
3

Protecting an oak floor from damp
This was posted elsewhere, by a friend. Any thoughts? As most of you know I have a geriatric dog. This means he doesn't quite have the bladder control he once had and sometimes when I get in from work...
4
4

Motorised garage door - make garage lights come on via relay?
On the face of it it sounds pretty simple. Obviously some care about electrical safety, and you might need an extra transistor to give enough switching current for a relay that is switching mains...
42
42

Front door video intercoms
Has anyone experience of these wired systems . I've been looking at installing a 2 x 90 degree camera, white led lit with 8 x 8in 4 x 3 format white/beige coloured monitor system with intercom...
6
6

Stump removal
Have 45m run of double staggered Leylandii .... (no I didn't plant them) Want to remove and plant something better ... I can obvioulsy use s chain saw and cut down to a stump, there seems to be 2 main...
48
48

The girl who says 'no'
I have never had a problem reporting faults to BT - perhaps it is your accent that their computers do not understand? I wouldn't wish Talk-Talk on my worst enemy... (well maybe I would) ;-) Are you...
90
90

OT - generating electricity on a bicycle
less likely to get nicked if its built in to the hub
136
136

Some DIY work needed here.
Hilarious http://www.chonday.com/Videos/trcugatorlo3

Insulation "problems"??
e) about loft insulation I have allegedly go in my roof that could be "ir ritant". long my insulation has been in the loft, and whether I paid for it or whet her it came as part of a scheme.... out...
20
20

Faulty Dishwasher
Hi All, Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything. Pressing start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise...
11
11

wiki diy
How do I delete one image and replace it with another. Been going around in circles trying to do this.
3
3

Drawing moisture out of cement
It doesn't want to be bone dry. But wetting it too much will cause unsightly cementy stains to appear on the face of the stonework as excess water runs down the face & spoil the appearance. So, all a...
22
22

balllytherm on beam and block flooring
has anyone had a problem in using Ballytherm as floor insulation 150mm thick and then it sinking to 130 mm after 6 months
27
27

OT; Expectations
Text received half a hour ago; "I've looked at your charges on the website. I need 3 wardrobes, 3 chests of drawers and 3 bedside cabinets assembled. It should only take a day. Can you do Friday this...
46
46

Wall wart question
I'm tired of putting up with the interference on AM/FM radios that happen to sit too close to a switched-mode wall wart needed for another item. Is there any way I can suppress the interference, like...
11
11