Subject Author Posted Replies

Rubber glue
I'm looking for the toughest most durable rubber tyre to EPDM rubber glue p ossible. Evo-stik contact adhesive is the classic one, though I'm not seeing it stoc ked anywhere nearby, so would need to...
8
8

Nail in car tyre - DIY?
Had the car serviced the other day, and they noted a nail in a rear tyre, but that there didn't seem to be any leakage. I see two obvious options: (1) Remove the nail myself and if there is no air...
21
21

LED's - pleased with them
Over the past few months, I have been gradually swapping some of the most used lamps over to LED versions. 3.5w for those areas where a bit of background light is needed, leaving 20w CFL's in place...
19
19

Fuses made from copper strip
Looking through my bits box for a few fuses and holders for a 40 Kw alterna tor I use for 3 phase in my workshop, I was looking for some over 50 amps i n case anything went wrong with any of my...
2
2

OT More on wind turbines (Scotland)
Strong winds combined with low demand on a sunny summer Sunday help Scotland reach ‘significant milestone’ on path towards ditching fossil fuels entirely
12
12

OT: Vibrator sends data back to the manufacturer while in use
When the device is in use, the We-Vibe 4 Plus uses its internet connecti= vity to regularly send information back to its manufacturer, Standard In= novations Corporation. It sends the device=E2=80=99s...
4
4

OT Organic flow batteries
Read a Telegraph article today on these. Do they have a future?
40
40

OT: Complaining in restaurants
Am I wrong here? Had lunch with my daughters today, bit of a poncy gastro pub. Starter was supposed to be mackerel dish. It had a disgusting slimy texture, hardly any taste of mackerel and was...
27
27

Paint for laminated doors
I've got 6 fairly large (2.4m x 0.5m) laminated chipboard doors that need painting. At the moment, they're painted with what seems to be emulsion - it scrapes off quite easily. It's mid-green matt,...
3
3

Protecting an oak floor from damp
This was posted elsewhere, by a friend. Any thoughts? As most of you know I have a geriatric dog. This means he doesn't quite have the bladder control he once had and sometimes when I get in from work...
4
4

Motorised garage door - make garage lights come on via relay?
On the face of it it sounds pretty simple. Obviously some care about electrical safety, and you might need an extra transistor to give enough switching current for a relay that is switching mains...
42
42

Front door video intercoms
Has anyone experience of these wired systems . I've been looking at installing a 2 x 90 degree camera, white led lit with 8 x 8in 4 x 3 format white/beige coloured monitor system with intercom...
6
6

Stump removal
Have 45m run of double staggered Leylandii .... (no I didn't plant them) Want to remove and plant something better ... I can obvioulsy use s chain saw and cut down to a stump, there seems to be 2 main...
48
48

The girl who says 'no'
I have never had a problem reporting faults to BT - perhaps it is your accent that their computers do not understand? I wouldn't wish Talk-Talk on my worst enemy... (well maybe I would) ;-) Are you...
90
90

OT - generating electricity on a bicycle
less likely to get nicked if its built in to the hub
136
136