Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Farage in the USA
Wednesday, August 24, 2016: Former UKIP leader Nigel Farage, aka 'Mr. Brexit', spoke at the Donald Trump rally in Jackson, MS. Nigel Farage Speaks at Donald Trump Rally in Jackson, MS
7
7

Ply for woodstore roof
I'm putting together a woodstore, but am wondering what to use for the roof, I've been considering ply, but even the exterior stuff will need felt, it seems. Or would Flexacryl or several coats of...
7
7

Plumbing instructions self contradictory?
Vaillant condensate circuit information: It is not necessary to provide air breaks or extra traps in the discharge pipe as there is already a 75mm high trap inside the boiler. Fitting an extra trap...
2
2

Digital caliper case
Many digital caliper cases have an elliptical recess at the bottom right. In all the pictures I've seen, bar one, and my own case, this is empty. The only non=empty one has a small screwdriver in it,...
5
5

Bostik
An old Land Rover manual says to use "Bostik" when applying the grommets to the bell housing as well as when attaching the dust cover to the front output shaft housing. I guess this dates back to when...
12
12

BBC GCSE quiz
I'm a clever rabbit!
40
40

Sealer tape
My caravan, now nearly 10, is showing slightly raised damp readings in part of the roof. I know from experience that internal dampness doesn't necessarily indicate the point of ingress, but that...
10
10

Replace NiCad with NiMH cells Makita [UPDATE]
Harry Bloomfield has brought this to us : My 16 ordered Ni-MH cells (needed 15), with solder tags - arrived yesterday morning, so I set to it in the afternoon to rebuild my first battery pack... It...
18
18

UPVC window handle (top)
Some of the plastic bits inside one window handle have broken. A quick look shows many window handles with the statement "fits most windows". For example: Now "fits most windows" also means "doesn't...
3
3

uPVC French Doors - stripped screw holes
Doing a routine clean and lube on my french doors and found the bottom locking mechanism strip a little loose. Tried to tighten the screws and a couple turned without gripping. Any ideas on how to...
6
6

G9 LED bulbs
Are the LED replacements for (40W) G9 halogens any good?
12
12

Safety test of electrics
Roughly how much would I expect to pay for an electrician to provide a signed BS7671 electrical safety certificate? The Internet is a little confusing; I have read that it is illegal to issue a BS7671...
24
24

Death by shed
I didn't know they were so deadly. NT DEATH BY SHED – Court News UK DEATH BY SHED – Court News UK
22
22

OT Ressetting an IPod mini
Banana fingers has done it again. I was just trying to reset my daughters o ld iPad mini and some unintentionally have reset the language to Chinese. B efore I go down to my local take away and see if...
8
8

OT How to remove these type of heater hose fittings off VW caddy
I'm trying to get the hoses of a VW Caddy Van so i can flush the heater matrix. The spring clips on the hoses themselves are tricky to get off but there are plastic fittings which join the hose to the...
2
2