Subject Author Posted Replies

3D Drawing
I have long had problems with delivery times from one of my main suppliers. I have now decided that, with a complete rethink of the designs, I could make my products by 3D printing. However, that...
18
18

OT (not an apprentice, but...)
My friend, a few months back, employed a young chap for general work around the hanger. He was willing, but needed to be given clear instructions for most of his duties. When told to sweep the hanger...
4
4

Crap USB charging socket!
Just happened to see this whilst looking for something else. Apart from having a pretty poor power source you wouldn't believe the earthing omission!. This socket was sent to me for analysis when it...
7
7

Door binding on frame - why?
About 12 months ago a mate fitted 4 new decent quality interior doors for us. He is brilliant with wood, I'm not. For the past week one of the doors has been binding slightly on the casing. The casing...
13
13

Looking for a bit holder like one I have already
I have a really nice little 'snap in' bit holder for hex bits that I use in my cordless drill. I want to get a couple more the same but I can't find any nearly as good at the moment. I have posted...
2
2

How Waterproof are Fish Tank Heaters?
I am making a cylindrical nickel plating tank as I find that the bucket I usually use often isn't deep enough - currently need to plate some 27" shafts. So I've made up a 30" length of 160 mm...
26
26

New ballcock question
While tying up the plastic ballcock arm in the loft, I rather stupidly snapped it. I went out and got a brass one, which seems to be a much stronger replacement, so no big deal. However, the new one...
21
21

28W 2D fluorescent tube starter, bulb or ballast problem
My 28W 2D fluorescent bulkhead lamp began flickering for prolonged periods before starting, a few weeks (maybe months) ago. It finally stopped working altogether the other day. I took out the bulb and...
3
3

OT No 'chute jump from 18.000 feet.
https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/h6bd.mp4
13
13

Whole house energy saver????
Snake oil! You can shower this channel with free energy at https://www.patreon.com/bigclive This is a perplexingly complicated device that was/is heavily marketed by salesmen as an energy saving unit...
10
10

AFCI into Wiki FAQ?
In , Search for RCD finds the page that it should, and Search for RCBOs finds the various appropriate entries. But Search for AFCI there finds nothing in the FAQ, though a Wikipedia search for AFCI...
8
8

Fixing to crappy wall
I've fit (fitted?) a banister to the mother in law's wall. 4 brackets, about 40mm round against wall, three screws in each. 3 went on OK, one is in an area where there is no solid wall. I glued some...
10
10

Wood stove recommendation
We are looking at woodburning stoves, around max 5kw would suffice. The guy who is going to fit it likes Esse and I quite like this, Cheapest I can see it for is £670 quid. I don't want to save money...
12
12

Stud Wall for Shed - Bracing and Spacing
So I'm building a timber framed and metal sheet cladded garden shed. It will be approx 6m x 3m x 2.5m, constructed from 4 x 2s and bolted down onto a concrete pad. The cladding sheets are just under a...
5
5

Anyone experience of 2 part epoxy putty
Hi all, I have recently bought a whirlpool bath on eBay and one of the plastic pipe fittings (part of the air jets) was broken. I am having difficulty sourcin g a new one and one of the spares...
15
15