Subject Author Posted Replies

Private Prostate resection operation
Hi all, I realize this is not an healthcare group, but wonder if anyone has had a Private Prostate resection operation who could tell me the rough cost please? I have had an enlarged Prostate for many...
53
53

Smoothing over badly-rendered, painted exterior walls
Can anyone recommend the best way to smooth out badly-rendered, painted ext ernal walls, in a cost-effective way? Due to the fact that the wall has bee n painted, I'm not sure if simply applying a...
7
7

Choosing a reciprocating saw
I am trying to decide which mains powered reciprocating saw to buy. The Bosch GSA1100E and the Makita JR3050T look good, but I am struggling to decide which one to get. The Bosch is less expensive,...
2
2

OT: Another reversing idiot
You said it is not a law.
67
67

Another 'what is it called' question
The type of small plug often used with aerial and earth sockets on mains powered radios, years ago. Many other uses, too. Speakers etc. A split pin with (usually) red or black plastic cap that screwed...
16
16

Cutting slate
I've got a new slate hearth for the fire. It's 20mm thick but unfortunately it's a bit too big and I'm planning to use a stone cutting blade on an angle grinder to cut it to fit. The slate will sit...
17
17

CCTV Advice
Some friends of mine own a restaurant in a bit of a rough area. Consequently, they are having problems with vandalism. They are now thinking of putting CCTV in. The general idea is two outside cameras...
13
13

Oxidised headlights
The headlights on our 2005 car have yellowed so I'm going to clean them up. I'm probably going to go with the 3M Headlight Restoration Kit (power drill version rather than human power) as it seems to...
3
3

Felt
Got a customer who wants a work bench made & covered in felt - like they use in glass shops. Any idea what it's called? Google is not my friend.
6
6

Oh dear How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately?
How many people measure their bath temperature this accurately? Apparently it must be between 100.6F and 102F! What Is the Ideal Temperature for Bath Water?
55
55

OT: Mystery device
I like this kind of stuff. I see something odd when I'm out and about and then try and work out what it's for. If this is what I think it is it's (slightly) reassuring. ;-) Tim
45
45

OT Van insurance and No Claims Bonus
So if I do not reinsure my van (various reasons) then how long will my NCB last for? I have 9 years NCB and ATM have no reason to put the van back on the road. What I do not want is 12 months time to...
37
37

OT: Email from Samsung
S7, not Note 7.
8
8

trouble with a French bank: advice?
If he transferred the money from a UK bank by credit transfer could he not ask said UK bank for help? This organisation are part of CA Normandie, and as they are London based (I think) and English...
4
4

Gas for torch
I think you can still get butane only. Order online at Screwfix.com. Universal 7/16
5
5