Subject Author Posted Replies

easy peel sealant for temporary double glazing.
Is there a silicone type sealant which is fairly easy to peel off? I wish to seal some polycarbonate secondary glazing under a wired glass lean-to roof which has wooden glazing bars. AJH

Any LiPo battery experts out there?
The battery in my Hannspree SN14T71 13.3" tablet is damaged but I can't find a supplier for a replacement. The battery looks like two taped together, one is marked 3.7V 4000mAh and the other is...
8
8

Loft Insulation
I'm in the process of loft insulating, not to meet building regs on heat loss, but trying to get an occasional play space that can be heated. I am going to put 75mm celotex under the rafters which are...
6
6

Price for a new double gaze window
Looking for a ball park figure as I have no idea if it should cost £100 or £500. Window apprx 46 x 70 inches wooden. Want to replace frame and window with PVC double (possibly triple) glazed.....
6
6

Saw Blade
Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I have apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days of my life. I can see no reason to go and get an angle...
8
8

Lawnmower engine
I have a Mountfield (aka B&Q) HP454 with a V35 motor (though the spec probably isn't important). Had it for 4 - 5 years and it's never really performed well, its key issue being that the (fixed)...
12
12

Replacement lamp
I've been looking online for a replacement lamp for one of our floodlights. The one that has blown has Crompton SUN 70i* printed on it but searches of lamps for sale show nothing for 70i, plenty with...
7
7

PVR Direct seem not to like adverse reviews of what they sell
I recently bought a few bits and pieces from PVR Direct, four items. I decided to review them as one item in particular was rubbish. I gave two bit holders a 4-star rating, some screws a 3-star rating...
7
7

Tefal Aquaspeed 5370 steam iron
How the hell do you get one opened up? I think the thermostat is playing up and decided to have a look with an eye to either cleaning it up or even replacing it. I managed to remove the tail - two...
6
6

USB power distribution
Having an older car (12yrs), I have no USB sockets to charge/power the multiplicity of tech that I and the family carry on trips It seemed to me that the cheapest way to get a strip of 4 or so sockets...

Obsolete Fluorescent tube?
I don't need one but was just wondering what happened to the tubes that used to have a metallic strip along their length. Also - I recall that some starters had 4 pins. Why?
22
22

OT: Study confirms BBC bias
Thus neatly leaving the impressions that all sane people voted to remoan, and only swivel eyed louts who dont listen to the BBC voted to leave. BBC Radio 4 Brexit Collection: strong bias against...
3
3

Where's the paint tubs?
My son, at work: "Where's the paint tubs?" Other bloke: "In the van, but only my wife's allowed to call me that."
5
5

INstall NEST thermostat into system with no current thermostat
Afternoon folks, My current heating hot/water setup is a 25 year old boiler (in good order, no plans to replace), a Randall 103 old-school timer, the water is gravity fed with big cold tank in the...
6
6

Screws - what do I need to buy?
I have made a temporary shed-like structure. Every year, it gets erected, used for around a week, then dismantled and stored away. It's made in sections. I put it all together using my usual wood...
10
10