110mm soil pipes - male+female & flow direction

Does anyon know if any building reg specifying that the female end of a coupler must point backwards (uphill, towards the flow source), and the male end of the coupler must point forward (downhill, in the direction of the flow)? I have a situation where it would be much more convenient to have one coupling the other way round.

TIA Jim

Reply to
Jim x321x

I can't see that there could be otherwise the double ended female coupler would not be a legit product.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Good thinking Batman!

Reply to
newshound

Bob Minchin wrote in news:mifl7k$2rc$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Good point! I never thought of that...

Jim

Reply to
Jim x321x

No reg as far as I know - most joints are done with plain pipe into a female-female coupler anyway.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Indeed... still got a shed full of em as well!

Reply to
John Rumm

The statutory requirements are set out in British Standards:

BS EN 752: 2008 Drain and sewer systems outside buildings. BS EN 1610: 1998 Construction and testing of drains and Sewers

There is also another relevant standard:

BS 5955: Part 6 : 1980 Installation of PVCu pipework for gravity drains and sewers

You should be able to view these at your local public library, although branch libraries may need to borrow them from a central reference library.

Reply to
Nightjar

+1

You beat me to it!